Marantz 2385

PhilMays

For some time I have been looking to set up a two channel system. I have toyed with the idea of tubes, but in the end and through research (on the net) I decided to purchase the Marantz 2385.

I got it off Ebay and was only going to get a 2285b but was clipped at the last minute. I saw this unit come along and I was the third highest bidder, but with a second chance buy I sealed the deal as the first two couldn't come through for whatever reason.

Dukester got me thinking some time ago about solid state when he made a very positive comment about a Pioneer model and I just love the Marantz look.

Anyway, I am looking for thoughts on these receivers.

Thanks

Abort! Abort! Danger!

How did you pay and can you still back out? I don't wan't to throw the bad vibes, but almost every 2nd chance offer I've ever gotten was a scam. Those eBay emails are always faked. That you were the third highest bidder makes me even more leery.

Contact Ebay's security department. Cut and Paste the email from the sender, and let ebay tell you wheather it's a valid 2nd chance offer!

The security link in at the bottom of the screen (on the Regular ebay site). If they tell you it is bogus, you don't even have to notify anyone-
just ignore the emails!.

Phil, what were you thinking about ? Your much too smart a guy to get hooked by some e-bay scammer piss ant...............Keep your fingers crossed, you might get out of this just fine..................Hope so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi OB...Have not spoken with you in a while. I hope your well and at 100% again! I would have to disagree with one thing you said. I'm NOT much too smart...at all!!!! My wife has reminded me of this time and again and I now believe her...LOL!!!

The seller sent me a tracking number last night, so we'll see.

Again, I hope your well OB...not long before the old Porche is out and about!

Phil, what were you thinking about ? Your much too smart a guy to get hooked by some e-bay scammer piss ant...............Keep your fingers crossed, you might get out of this just fine..................Hope so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi OB...Have not spoken with you in a while. I hope your well and at 100% again! I would have to disagree with one thing you said. I'm NOT much too smart...at all!!!! My wife has reminded me of this time and again and I now believe her...LOL!!!

The seller sent me a tracking number last night, so we'll see.

Again, I hope your well OB...not long before the old Porche is out and about!

Wow! Hopefully this actually works out!!

That would be the best result...................Phil gets his Marantz..........

YES!!!! Phil got his Marantz!!!! Came yesterday and was exactly as described and packed perfectly to boot!!!!

This think is too sweet. So far I just have a set of Polk moniter 7's on it, but it absolutly extends the high, mids, and lows to a very sweet level.

Just bought a Rega 2 Planer Turntable off ebay and now can't wait to hook that baby up!