Replacing RF-35s with RBs and an RC - Advice Please

chrismv

My current setup is a pair of RF-35s and an SVS 20-39 PCi.

I want a center channel, and I figure the SVS can handle the heavy lifting down low that currently gets filtered away from the RFs by the receiver.

My theory is to sell the RFs and purchase 2 RBs and an RC.

The RB-35 seems to be a great unit, but it is harder to find than the RB-61. The 35s seem beefier and all around a better speaker - no?

Please chime in with your opinions and if you know where I may find some good-condition used RBs / RC.

Thanks,

Chris

Don't sell the RF35, just save some money and buy just a used RC35, you'd regret selling the RF's, they are pretty good speakers. I wanted to get some RB myself when i started my system but when i calculated the cost of adding a stand, it almost matched the price of a full size speaker. You will lose money selling the RF's.

I've not heard the RBs but I do have RF-35s and RC-35 across the front, cathedral ceiling family room with several large openings to other rooms, etc. In other words, not a friendly space to call a home theater. The RF-35s do a good job of filling that space, especially if they are moved to provide a good separation distance, say 15 feet or so and set a couple feet out from any walls or corners. The RC-35 provides good pop during movie soundtracks, and complements the RF-35s very well. I have SVS PC-Ultra in the corner behind my recliner with Klipsch in-walls for rears/surround facing the front speakers. Seems like the RBs would give up a lot of the RF-35 kick. Have you experimented with positioning the RF-35s if you are not getting the results you expected or is this a wife issue with the size of the speakers? As others have mentioned the trade between the RF and RB may leave you wishing you had the towers back again...... Any way you can preview the RBs without selling the RFs?