Dumb McIntosh question

Turnip

OK, dumb question alert....

I can either get a McIntosh MC2505 amp for $1000 or a McIntosh MC2120 amp for $500. Both are solid state. Both have the vintage McIntosh autoformer outputs. The 2505 is 50 Watts, the 2120 is 120 Watts. The 2505 has the aweome blue meters. The 2120 does not.

I LOVE the blue meters! :>)

Are the blue meters worth $500 more money and 70W less power? Is there something else that I am ignorant about?

Help me! A fool and his money are soon parted. I would like to at least listen to my money.

- darren

ps: will be used with Forte II's and (hopefully) a tube preamp (coming VERY soon)

I bought the blue meters. Heck, I like them. An irrational purchase which make you happy makes more sense than a rational one which does not.

Go for it. Cool.

It is like Forbidden Planet where the power of Krell power plant is shown up sucessive meters.

Gil

I bought the blue meters.  Heck, I like them.  An irrational purchase which make you happy makes more sense than a rational one which does not. 

Go for it.  Cool.

It is like Forbidden Planet where the power of Krell power plant is shown up sucessive meters.

Gil

Go for the blus BTW how much power do the fortes really need LOL.... You'll be fine!

Off topic sorry but Forbidden Planet is one of my favorite movies. This year is the 50th anniversary of Forbidden Planet and they are releasing a double cd set!