Klipsch vs. Polk vs. Infinity

arfandbark

Bought myself an Adcom GFS-6 speaker selector. Let's play!

Harman Kardon 730 as a pre amp, Crown PS 400 for power, Nakamichi CDC 200 for the player.

Everybody has the same chance to sound good.

Line 'em up and plug them in!

Klipsch Heresy II's.

Polk Monitor Tens(first issue).

Infinity RS5B'S.

To make a long story short, the Polks' come in second. Not even a strong second, but second. Nice sound, though.

The Infinity RS5BS.......How much power does it take to wake them up? Monoblocking Crowns? Powerhungry is an understatement. Where did the sound go?

It took me five seconds to hear the clear, crushing winner of the shootout...........

Having that speaker switcher is a good thing, I think.

Next week I'll grab a pair of vintage RTRs. See how they do.

Heresy's first....don't you have Forte's also ??

LMAO[:D]..................... Give ya an "A" for effort OB[:P]............................I didn't see them in the 3 speaker lineup did you?[*-)]..................I believe he has big dog Cornwalls as well.[;)]

LMAO[:D]..................... Give ya an "A" for effort OB[:P]............................I didn't see them in the 3 speaker lineup did you?[*-)]..................I believe he has big dog Cornwalls as well.[;)]

I don't understand what you mean???? I was just wondering why Heresy's if he has Forte's, and was really surprised he ranked Polk over Infinity.....not looking to start anything, just abit surprised.....................

I don't understand what you mean???? I was just wondering why Heresy's if he has Forte's, and was really surprised he ranked Polk over Infinity.....not looking to start anything, just abit surprised.....................

I know OB. I was just teasin ya. I'm guessin hes got alot of toys up there.

Got about 5" more, snow squalls I think they call them..........has warmed up abit though........got fuel oil delivery yesterday, 200 gallons, boy my butt is sore today..................Yikes !!!!!!!!!!........come on spring...........really hope it doesn't rain on top of this snow...........BAD BAD BAD..............

I was surprised regarding the Infinitys also.

I had a pair of SM-112s that were so much nicer.

I went to the Infinity/Harman Kardon website and they say RS5Bs are a 4-8 ohm speaker.....Whatever that means.

Powerhungry devils, they are.

I don't have any Forte's, Oldbuck. I do have Cornwall I's with BEC crossovers.

I chose not to use them in the comparison. No need to....

I had a few 50 pound speakers. Those were the ones I had in my shootout.

I was really surprised you ranked Polk's higher than the Ifinity's................never really heard a Polk speaker I liked............toyed with the idea of Infinity's years ago, but came to my senses and bought Klipsch............I don't know why I thought you had Forte's, but the Cornwalls with BEC crossovers blows them all away................NO CONTEST...............Atleast they weren't Mach 1's................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......[;)]

I guess it comes down to what you like.

I love what her did though.

I remember the first nice speakers I bought in 20 years were Polk rt-800i's. My ex wife has them. I hloved their sound. Very tight bass and mid bass with cyrystal clear highs. When I auditioned them at CC (I had gone iin to get a pair of Bose 501's) the salesman asked me to listen to the Infinity line up they had as well as Polk. I was blown away as both speakers blew away the Bose for less money.

Anyway, I wanted the Infinity but could not afford the extra bucks as the Polks sounded almost as good. A few months later I was turned on to Klipsch, so the polks eneded up finding their way to a 2 channel system.

Anyway I just set up a Marantz 2 channel set-up with Polk Monitor 5's. I A/B'd them against my RF-3's and the Polks won out (RF-7's are staying where thay are, no need to A/B them). Perhaps it was the $39 memorex cd/dvd player I used, but...

Saturday I couldn't take that CD player anymore and bought a Denon 2800 II which is old news and can be had for a great discount over the $750 sticker...almost half. Boy, what a difference that made.

I would love to get some the way heratage stuff to try as well, I would even consider the KLF 20's (Ex has them too)