TT Advice Needed

thewolf

Although I've not heard either table, I would go for the Dual 1246. I would chance a Dual belt drive over an unknown direct drive. As I understand it, the Concept was sort of a "house brand" of table for a large Audio dealer in the 70's. The Dual would be easier to find parts for I would think.

If I had a chance to listen to each table, I might change my mind but without that chance... I would go for the Dual.

Cubdog is right. Do not dismiss the Concept brand. Virtually unknown in the East, they were one of Pac Stereos house brands. Their receivers are some of the best from the era. The receivers were designed I believe by Richard Schram who is now the CEO of Parasound. I do know a lot about their TTS but I think I read somewhere that they were built by Toshiba or a maybe a division of Toshiba. All of Pac Stereos house brands were top notch in their price range so check it out you might be surprised!

Josh