RW-10d Subwoofer standby mode

Dr Nick 24

Hi everyone,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Last week I bough a RW-10d subwoofer from a Magnolia Home Theater store within Best Buy. The sub sounds great however I notice that it never goes into standby mode. I have the settings set to auto on not always on. After 20 minutes of no signal the LCD display does not show "standby" like it states in the owners manual. Sometimes I notice the LCD backlight go on randomly with the receiver turned off and no one hitting the buttons. Is this normal or should I get a replacement from Best Buy?

Thanks for any help.

Honestly you're better off leaving the sub in On mode all the time. It will draw virtually the same amount of power in standby as opposed to On as long as its not amplifying an audio signal. That way your sub is always ready to pound instead of waiting for it to power up.

I agree with Wuzzer about just leaving it in the ON position all the time. I have mine set like that, however, I never notice my display just lighting up by itself. Try setting it in the ON position all the time and see if your display still intermittantly turns on. If it was me I would take it back. I know I spend good hard money for a product to work right, regardless whether or not I use a certain feature. I would at least give Klipsch a call to see how it is suppose to act.

Pull the input cable and leave it in the Auto mode. What happens? (I know you'll ge no sound, but what happens with going into standby?) You may have enough noise on the input line to make the sub not go into standby. The noise could be infra or ultra sonic and you would not hear it. Or the standby mode could be faulty.