WHATS THE BEST AMP / PROCESSOR OUT THERE

Thermalup

I have just ordered three Heresy III to act as my three front channels and I am retiring my IIs to the back of the room. I also have a Polk Sub. I have been using Adcom stuff forever but have "Upgraded" to a Denon 2807. I have the Denon feeding my 12 year old Adcom 5.1 Amp. which inturn feeds my speakers. I am not happy with the Denon. If I were just listening to music my 12 yo Adcom blows the Denon away. But the surround processing of the Denon is superior. I am looking to sell the 2807 and upgrade but to....... what?? This is the question. I will not mention I have been looking at Rotel but I will say I do not want to upgrade again for atlest 10 years. I will spen as much as 2500+- for a processor and 1200+- for a amp. My Adcom amp is great and has 100 watts for the front 3 and 60 for the back 2. Do I really need to replace this and if not will that money be spent better on a new CD?DVD player? PLEASE, any REALLY knwledgeable people,. I welcom your input.

Since you don't want to upgrade every year or two......If it were me I would not drop that much cash now,almost all these companies are coming out with new feature packed units in the next several months.$3500 will get a kickin set.I do agree on the Denons,nice features but rather boring for music lovers.

I went into a local AV shop that carried Klipsch Reference speakers one day and they had them hooked-up to a B&K Reference 507 receiver. I had never heard the B&K before and I was TOTALLY sold within seconds. Excellent sound quality- in my opinion, the best sound I have heard from a reciever. When I bought my equipment I did buy the seperate processor/amplifier and I couldn't be happier and I believe I would have been just as happy with the reciever. I just wanted to go the seperates route, personal preference.

I would highly recommend checking out the B&K- it's American made and dollar for dollar, the best gear out there.

Good luck!