That delicate 30-60HZ range -

Deang

It was said to me recently that the small subs with the class D amps and equalization circuitry have a tough time accurately reproducing in the 30 - 50 HZ range.

I was told that since they are tuned to play so low - they dog out on music in that critical range.

What say you submeisters?

If I wanted to buy a sub for Rock music (strictly chest thumping purposes) - which one should I be looking at?

------------------

deanG

"It was said to me recently that the small subs with the class D amps and equalization circuitry have a tough time accurately reproducing in the 30 - 50 HZ range." LOL

BS it is

Take for example...yes the Sunfire Mar II or Signature and even the Junior they are GREAT in this range.So whoever told you this has his finger where it does NOT belong.

Nuff said

TheEAR(s) Now theears

sometimes you have to choose between truth and nice Smile.gif

There's a new subwoofer related myth introduced weekly it seems...with a lot of self appointed internet experts dishing out all kinds of *factual* information like this.(or was this an actual *highend* retailer?...)

Just keep your BS meter fine tuned and you'll be ok(in the words of Tom Nousaine).

TV

My small LF10 actually has a peak about 40 Hz, no mater waht the volume setting or equalization is set at, the bulge in the frequency response at my listening seat is somewhere around the 40 Hz. area - exactly what I was looking for ...

------------------

Cornwalls & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing! (system at http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/2301.html)