amp input cables

crazyhorse_aba

Cables vary in construction, and as a result, have a different character.

You should try as many as possible and see which you prefer.

Arky, Did you notice much difference in sound when you switched to the balanced cables? I have balanced inputs on my B&K components, but have not sprung for the cables, as I would need at least 6 ft. interconnects for each, and felt like the cost would probably outweigh any increase in performance. I would be interested in hearing your experience with the XLR cables. (sorry for detour in thread).

you can also call them. i don't know too much about blue jeans tech support but i know Cable solutions has great tech support. the guy there doesn't even try to sell the most expencive stuff, unless your application really needs it.

Arky, Did you notice much difference in sound when you switched to the balanced cables? I have balanced inputs on my B&K components, but have not sprung for the cables, as I would need at least 6 ft. interconnects for each, and felt like the cost would probably outweigh any increase in performance. I would be interested in hearing your experience with the XLR cables. (sorry for detour in thread).

Yeah, it's a lot louder. Seriously I don't know the science behind it but I believe you pick up 6db's. In my setup I didn't have any hum issues or the like & my run is only about 2' but I thought as I tweak or swap components maybe I would be heading off some problems. I do like the way they lock in place so I don't worry about rca's working loose. One of my amps is a pro amp & I wanted all the cables to be of the same technology. Also when switching from sat tv to dvd concerts the volume range isn't as wide, meaning I don't have to push the remote volume button as much. [:D]

I bought these last year & used them until I replaced them with their balanced (xlr) cables. If you get them bundled in techflex it makes for a cleaner install in regards to cable management.

link

I have the same cables bundled in techflex - very happy with them - good solid construction and no complaints about the sound. I would like to try balanced cables. My amp will accept them, but my pre/pro does not. I have ordered other bluejeans as well, quick turn around and well made.

- Jim

hey guys, just jumping in for a second. i looked at blue jeans and cable solutions (it the ebay company i am talking about), and blue jeans uses 24awg twisted with a copper wrap (used as a conductor) and cable solutions uses a quad cable with 21 awg. now obviously cable solutions uses larger wire, but why a quad set up? what is the extra wire used for? i check both web sites and there is no explanation for this. please help, it may determine my next amp.

hey guys, just jumping in for a second. i looked at blue jeans and cable solutions (it the ebay company i am talking about), and blue jeans uses 24awg twisted with a copper wrap (used as a conductor) and cable solutions uses a quad cable with 21 awg. now obviously cable solutions uses larger wire, but why a quad set up? what is the extra wire used for? i check both web sites and there is no explanation for this. please help, it may determine my next amp.

Call Blue Jeans they are friendly and open, I'm sure they will give you an answer as to why they do things the way they do.