Klipschorn RF-7 New

Catbo

Hello Good People - I have owned a brand new pair of 2002 Klipschorn's that I bought 5 years ago and have been very happy with them, for some odd ball reason I was able to talk my self into buying a brand new pair of Klipsch RF-7 from a deal I could not resist. Strangly I had heard the RF-7 from several dealer outlets over the years and did not like them and pre-judged them harshly. Was I ever WRONG! All I have to say is that Klipsch really knows what they are doing! I'm a BIG Klipsch FAN for the rest of my life, I'm hooked! I love the LIVE and REAL sound I get from my Klipsch speakers! No other speakers give me the goose-bumps that my RF-7 and Klipschorn's give me with such involving emotion that Klipsch gives in my 2-channel music. I am hooked for life! I just wanted to say THANK YOU Klipsch for giving us such a wonderful line of speakers and keep the good work up! Very nice that Klipsch also provides a forum for us too! Thank You - Thank You

Actually, the Klipschorn's kind of sound like giant RF-7. The sound is kind of a like but the Klipshorn has a bigger airy sound, little smoother from the wider disperse of the larger horn. The RF-7 has it with just a tad more detail and is more forward direct at you, more in your face but still smooth and I like the sound of the RF-7. The titanium in the RF-7, I can see why some might say it's a little brighter than the Klipshorn Phenolic but I like both, there are trade offs you have to except for each and I like both very much. The RF-7 have it for more bass punch that I like too. The Klipschorn's have the huge wide room filling sound that I've never heard any speaker do. The RF-7 image a strong center focus point, the Klipschorn image wall to wall room filling. The RF-7 have a very large room filling sound, just more direct path to do it, as the Klipschorn's are a wider airy-er room filling sound, not as direct at you. I like them both so it's a hard pick between the two, you would have to narrow down the compromises. I'm going to keep them both! :) Hope this helps in explaining the differences!

Oh, one more thing. The RF-7 are just as important to match up with sources, just as the Klipschorn's are. It took me about 1 year to find the right choice for the Klipschorn's to sound as nice, smooth, and airy as they do. The RF-7 still sounds like Klipsch, like it's LIVE and REAL like you are there more, like Klipsch speakers are.

Maybe then, it was the gear at the store that was my problem. I would like to hear them again sometime because they are sure pretty. Your Klipschorn should have better bass though (in my opinion). Mine have great bass punch. It's nice you were able to buy a new version.

Oh, one more thing. The RF-7 are just as important to match up with sources, just as the Klipschorn's are. It took me about 1 year to find the right choice for the Klipschorn's to sound as nice, smooth, and airy as they do. The RF-7 still sounds like Klipsch, like it's LIVE and REAL like you are there more, like Klipsch speakers are.

what kind of gear are you using for them?

jacob

meagain, I do get great bass from my Klipschorn's and it's impressive. I have perfect corners for them in a large room and the bass is full and punchy but it's a more relaxed bass than the RF-7. The RF-7 has a more hard hitting punch bass that is more punch that is not as relaxed as the Klipschorn's, for my setup that is. The Klipschorn's are 25 feet apart and my listening position is 35 feet away in center. I have the RF-7 setup about 17 feet apart and about 5 feet from the wall, and toed in how Klipsch recommends, and listening position is the same 35 feet away in center. The Klipschorn's are snug into the corners that fit a perfect fit. The RF-7 have lots of bass output for me, I was really surprised but I'm using a 500watt per channel amp with them that is somewhat tube like but is a SS amp and pre-amp. I'm not running tubes anymore.

jacob, I'm running SS amp and pre-amp with 500wpc. It's slightly on the warm side of sound and somewhat tube like that goes well with Klipsch for both the Klipschorn's and RF-7 that smoothes the HF nicely. They were expensive gear but the Klipshorn's led me to that path to get the best from them, but in the end it was worth the upgrade and I've been happy with the gear.

A ways back when I checked on the Klipsch website, the RF-7 was listed under the discontinued products, now I just noticed that the RF-7 is no longer listed in the discontinued list but under the available floorstanding speakers on the website. I'm new here so maybe I have missed something? Is the RF-7's no longer discontinued anymore and now still available? I hope so! I don't think Klipsch should discontinue it, keep it around for a long time!