Would this be an upgrade??

darylomer12

Hello all. I was just wondering if replacing my SVS pb10isd with an RSW-10 would be much of an upgrade or am i better off waiting and saving some more money? I currently have about $600.00 to spend on a sub. My room dimensions are 16'wide by 26' long. Thanks in advance...

Yes and NO

The smallest SVS reachesbelow even the RSW15! Ah...has way more shake factor than the RSW10. The only advantage the RSW10 has is matching to perfection with smaller satelite speakers,it will have that RSW trademark punch,thye SVS lacks.

Thanks Ear. There isn't a forum member who's opinion about subwoofers i respect more than yours. I will probably just hold out until i have enough money for the RT-12d. It might take a few months but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks again...

By the looks of your system you appear to be mostly HT and less music.

That being said the Klipsch wouldn't be an upgrade if you're looking for deeper (something HT requires these days). The Klipsch has a different sound than the SVS; if you're an HT verses music person then you may be diappointed in the switch you're suggesting.

What are your goals?

My goals are to have a dynamic punch when watching movies, like you are really there. Since i finished my HT, i have only watched movies. I rarely listen to music. I just think my room is just too big for my sub. I need more punch, if that makes sense. Not that it sounds boomy or anything, but i would like more tight bass. I am probably asking the impossible for the money i have right now, but what are your suggestions in the $600.00 to 700.00 price range? Your imput is much appreciated CAS...

• 2 weeks later...

My goals are to have a dynamic punch when watching movies, like you are really there. Since i finished my HT, i have only watched movies. I rarely listen to music. I just think my room is just too big for my sub. I need more punch, if that makes sense. Not that it sounds boomy or anything, but i would like more tight bass. I am probably asking the impossible for the money i have right now, but what are your suggestions in the $600.00 to 700.00 price range? Your imput is much appreciated CAS...

Why arent you considering a larger SVS? Why not upgrade to a larger NSD or Plus12? For each dollar spent, it's pretty difficult to beat SVS if movies are you thing. For your purposes, I think going from a SVS10 to a Klipsch10 would be a move in the wrong direction.

Good luck, and happy shopping!!