Picked up a Sunfire True Sub Signature

MrDecibel

Found a great deal on a new Sunfire Signature sub. My Paradigm PS1000 has been faithful to me for over 10 years, but I just wanted something new that could extend a little deeper. I really wanted the JL Audio Fathom 113, but it's a little too pricey right now. I heard good reviews for the Sunfire and liked the idea that it didnt take up alot of space.I knew the Sunfire was small, but when I actually opened it up I laughed at the almost "toyish" size of it. This was going to put out deeper bass than my twice as big Paradigm?? After hooking it up, I was blown away. This thing is incredible for its size. I can walk to different rooms in the house and still "feel" the bass. Even standing outside the house this thing rocks. This sub produces very tight and accurate bass for music and powerful chest pounding bass for movies.Most importantly though, this thing has to be the most wife friendly sub available.

Good purchase,I am one of the very rare people to have had almost ALL Sunfire subs,each revision(save for the original Sunfire TrueSub).The Signature is a very capable sub and solid down to around 18Hz,and at 30Hz it is a monster,walks over much larger subs with ease. In terms of quality the Paradigm PS1000 is a tomato can compared with the Sunfire Sig.,not even close.The band pass one notey PS series suffers a KO loss to any Sunfire in sound quality,and the Sunfire Sig....even larger gain!The PR and woofer are by TC Sounds,very mighty driver and PR.

Where a Fathom f113 shines is output down very deep,from 25hz down the Fathom has no equal in a mid sized box.And under 16hz the Fathom astounds (the 70lbs woofer is a beast,with 4inch peak to peak! very few drivers even aproach this sub human woofer).But as compact as it is its a 130lbs box and several time sthe size of the Sig.

Enjoy the the sub.