projection vs. all others

InVeNtOr

And we can all thanks the lord that they did have too much time in there hands. Amen

We do screw up alot of things over there but when it comes to beers I believe they got a pretty good idea how to do, you would think so with 450 kind of beers (and still counting).
Any one who likes good musics, movies and real beers will always be welcome to stop by my house to enjoy the small things in live on klipsch speakers of course.
And by the way I just finished wacthing the eagles on my RF 83's and well........ hubba hubba ...weeeeeeee.......... vroooooooom.......wooooooooowwww. I guess I'm having a hard time to find the proper words to describe my feelings but I think you all getting the idea.
Now I know what music is suppose to sound or I think I do.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well sounds like a great time. i am not much of a drinker anymore, i still like the social stuff, and once in a while me and the misses gets A 6pack (yes we are light weights) and we have a good night. if you ever want good german food along with a good german "pills" i'll give you the address. just be warned, if you go, you may never eat anywhere else again! see you sunday.

Neither do I, as a matter  of fact I can only drink one beer in the US, I get a major migraine if Idrink more then that ( something they put in the beers here that I'm allergic to), but I still do enjoy social drinking.

A good beer takes time to drink, it is like a good wine just takes taste to appreciate.
What are you doing up so late?

Well, at the prices they charge and the alcohol content of a Belgian Ale, who can afford to drink more than one bottle? I think the last one I had was 18% proof! Any more than that and you go lambic.

I remember the first day I got my new reference series so we understand your inability to put it in words. If this is your first real set of reference speakers, you will start to wonder if your speakers are okay at times. Trust us when we say it is not the speakers but the quality of the recordings! Some of your "old" favorites that you once thought sounded great suddenly reveal a flatness or lack of bass. Other recordings will be on the bright side. This will lead you to start spending more money on music and becoming a music snob. It is unavoidable and a normal outcome of this new found audio nirvana called the "Klipsch heritage". It has been 60 years + in the making and just accept it. No amount of humbleness or modesty can overcome this infectious disease.

Others should be so lucky! Enjoy and treat yourself, have a Chimay and if you use some of your "old" music CDs as a beer coaster, only other Klipsch fans will get the joke!

P.S. I am afflcted with insomnia. I sleep about 3 or 4 hours a night!

i work night so i would normally go to bed around 1-2am. on saturdays or fridays we may stay up later watching movies or just sitting together.....can i get an aaaawwwww....

i was just on long enough to respond to some posts and then joined my lovely wife in our bed.

Well, at the prices they charge and the alcohol content of a Belgian Ale, who can afford to drink more than one bottle? I think the last one I had was 18% proof! Any more than that and you go lambic.

I remember the first day I got my new reference series so we understand your inability to put it in words. If this is your first real set of reference speakers, you will start to wonder if your speakers are okay at times. Trust us when we say it is not the speakers but the quality of the recordings! Some of your "old" favorites that you once thought sounded great suddenly reveal a flatness or lack of bass. Other recordings will be on the bright side. This will lead you to start spending more money on music and becoming a music snob. It is unavoidable and a normal outcome of this new found audio nirvana called the "Klipsch heritage". It has been 60 years + in the making and just accept it. No amount of humbleness or modesty can overcome this infectious disease.

Others should be so lucky! Enjoy and treat yourself, have a Chimay and if you use some of your "old" music CDs as a beer coaster, only other Klipsch fans will get the joke!

Hi all, very well said Westcott, that is exactly what I have found as well, some CD's are beyond bad now..lol But when you find a good one...its ear candy.

Chris

Hey Falcon, glad to hear you like those 83's !. Bad luck with the AVR though.

OK, I have the EMO MPS1 amp and it is truly amazing what it has done to my system, it just flat out sounds so, rich, sweet, well controlled tight punchy bass..I love it! I get the matching DMC1 pre/pro on Monday..woot! Will let you all know about that of course.

I would suggest having a look see at the EMO stuff, if you can handle no audio HDMI its stunning stuff and the UL combo for $899 is a steal plus free shipping and 40% off any model pre/pro later with no time restrictions. Fish has it and says he is so impressed he is selling his Rotel gear to get the "big dogs" from EMO.

Enjoy your new gear

Regards, Chris

i work night so i would normally go to bed around 1-2am. on saturdays or fridays we may stay up later watching movies or just sitting together.....can i get an aaaawwwww....

i was just on long enough to respond to some posts and then joined my lovely wife in our bed.

Well, it is Sunday night and I have not heard one peep about the boys night out. Whasup?

I would reciprocate and tell you about the ZZTop concert, but my mother always said, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

JetJockey,

I am not trying to ignore you, I am just ignorant when it comes to EMO equiment. I trust it makes the impedance dips of your horns a non issue now. I have heard figures as low as 1.8 Ohms at some frequencies. Klipsch may be sensitive but I do know that separates do work wonders on them. I am looking at a Sunfire but don't tell my wife. She has other plans.

Let me get my catch my breath first.

There is only one word to describe EQ is wow, there is
someone who knows his stuff. 

Out of the kindness of his hart, opens his door to 2
strangers and spends 5 hours answering questions down to the specifics, like if
it was normal.

Definitely
a true gentleman who enjoys good speakers and likes to share his passion with
others, no show off just simply what it is.

Very good discussions, different point of views on things and all of that in plain english not like talking to a sales man.

Thanks EQ

it was very informative. i think i just saved a few thousand, yes at least $2000, just sitting down and looking at someone else's stuff. terry (falcon) even helped me in designing my room. he just said something simple and it sparked a reality. all in all everything went well, and i have to add, we were there almost 5 hours and Jeff (EQ) just kept playing music and movies until our little hearts were full. EQ also gave me some links to save money one items that i would normally pay top dollar for and not even think i was getting ripped off. the chairs he had were the exact same thing i want and his was at least $1200 less than what i was willing to pay, not including taxes or shipping.

one funny thing that happed was EQ had some old Herseys and Terry was sitting quietly in his chair, then he sat up quickly and stated "man these sound as good as my 83's." i won't mention prices, but after jeff told him what he paid for his entire system of speakers i thought we were going to have to resuscitate Terry! i will also add that jeff let me, basically a stranger, borrow his test dvd and meter! how cool is that! i did go home and my system was so far out of wack. i changed everything now (even sub placement) and i have to say the movies do sound better!

i was also helped in the matter of not having "black bars" on my screen. yes i really didn't know that all movies were not the same. i figured if it said "widescreen" and i bought a widescreen screen, i wouldn't have any black bars. turns out i have to see how the film was shot and then adjust the projector for that. there is a black screen box thing that goes in front of the projector (i know jeff you told me the name like a thousand times, and i still don't know what it is.) and it turns out i really need it, especally since i don't want the black bars.

man i could keep going, but i will keep it short...well sort of....lol

Doh !! I just realized that westscott is the person who had his house featured in March issue of Audio video interors.

When can I stop by? I' ll bring the beers too. lol

Very niceeeee.

You are welcome any time you find yourself in the Houston\Bay Area. You know what good beer is so I am sure you will bring something enjoyable.

My wife gets all the credit for the "His and Her Room". She picked all the colors, materials, flooring, speaker finish, furniture, etc. I just asked for a color on the darker side and, of course, the reference series placed in an unimpeded manner.

The funniest part is, she has become one of the biggest audio\video snobs you will ever meet of the opposite sex! They too are not immune.

Thanks again! We would love to host a visit.

see that is the trick. you get the wife involeved. sometime ago i was watching football. my wife up to this point hated it. she sat down beside me and asked me to explain the game. i did, and now we both will race home to catch the game. i have to tell you though, but the end of the game my wife was yelling and screaming at the teams! it was the funniest thing i have ever seen!

• 3 weeks later...

see that is the trick. you get the wife involeved. sometime ago i was watching football. my wife up to this point hated it. she sat down beside me and asked me to explain the game. i did, and now we both will race home to catch the game. i have to tell you though, but the end of the game my wife was yelling and screaming at the teams! it was the funniest thing i have ever seen!

Well, Falcon20X and his lovely bride made a pilgramage to my home here in the bay area, south of Houston. It was a very enjoyable evening and I would not hesitate to open my doors to another Klipsch forum member. They arrived around 6pm central time baring gifts or Chimay Belgian Ale and a gorgeous flower arrangement. My wife and I were impressed with their social graces and it made for a wonderful evening that lasted until almost midnight. They probably would have stayed longer if it were not for the long drive back to the north side of town where their parents live. We played a lot of DVD's and the volume got kinda loud at times. I hope I did not get carried away and they will consider paying us another visit when in town again.

In turn, I received an invitation to see their home near Dallas. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed dinner and the movies played and hope to reciprocate the warm hospitality.

Just goes to prove that the Klipsch forums houses some of the nicest people you would ever hope to open your doors to. I would not hesitate to do it again so let me know if any of you are in the Houston area and would like to drop by. It was a great experience and I want to thank the Falcon20X family again for their graciousness.

We too (falcon20x) very much enjoyed our evening with the Westcott family.  Their generosity and openness has renewed our faith in people (strangers and friends alike).  The Westcott family welcomed us - "virtual" strangers - into their home with a fabulous meal and wonderful company.  We were fortunate to meet the sister of Mr. Westcott and her 6-year-old daughter.  Little Miss impressed us both with her charm and delighted us with her manners!  Mr. and Mrs. Westcott truly are gracious hosts and one should take them up on their offer to visit their "his and hers" home theater and partake of their delightful company.

The demonstration of the Westcott family's home theater was nothing less than impressive and outstanding.  We were awed by the sound and picture quality and Mr. Westcott spared no details when it came to the complexities of his setup and we very much appreciated the instruction and advice given.  Our evening commenced with a detailed description of how the room came to be and to what lengths Mr. Westcott went before ever buying any of the equipment and furnishings.  Mr. Westcott's extensive knowledge of home theater equipment, layout, nuances and more was very insightful and helpful to us.  We hope to achieve an equally impressive setup as our home theater evolves.

We enjoyed viewing not only movies such as  "Saving Private Ryan", "Lord of the Rings" and more, as well as a nice and varied selection of music to demonstrate the Klipsch speaker's power and clarity.  The evening's events only strengthened our resolve in the quality that Klipsch offers in it products; we are lifelong consumers of their products and shall enjoy our Klipsch equipment for years to come.  As much as we would like to elaborate on the setup in the Westcott home, we feel that only the owners can give just due to the equipment, setup and work put into this room by the two Westcotts. Not to be forgotten is the fact that Mrs. Westcott was as involved in the room's process as her husband.  Her influence and taste are evident in the room's decor and the entire home.  Her willingness to delve into the process with her husband should be commended.  Not many wives can appreciate the other "love" of their husband's life.  Kudos to you, Mrs. Westcott!

As Mr. Westcott indicated, they are most certainly welcome to visit us in the Dallas area! We welcome their company and look forward to the day they are able to pay us a visit so that we may reciprocate their kindness and generosity.

falcon20x