Klipsch CF-4's

Speedball

I just listened to these about an hour ago at the local dealer and they make me very happy, huge amounts of solid bass from the 12" drivers and they were being powered with a small NAD integrated. Not quite as much detail or musical as my RF-7 but still the horns give plenty especially if the right amp could be mated to them. The fronts being tapered looked more elegant than the 7's by a longshot. Four hundred bucks a piece and in very good shape colored Light Oak.......even my wife liked them.....lol.

here is a picture from the website..........

Joseph A. D'Appolito is best known as the developer of the "D'Appolito Configuration" which was first described in his "A Geometric Approach to Eliminating Lobing Error in Multiway Loudspeakers"[1]. This configuration is recognized by loudspeakers which have two midrange or woofer drivers arranged vertically above and below the tweeter[2]. Author of "Testing Loudspeakers" and a contributing editor to AudioXpress magazine[3]. Owner of consulting firm, Audio and Acoustics, Ltd. whose clients include Snell Acoustics; HECO/Recoton, GmbH and Usher Audio Technology[2].

• 2 weeks later...

Acutally, I've taken both the 7100 and the McIntosh 4100 receiver from my system since that photo in November.

3 weeks ago, i scored a near mint McIntosh 7106 for only $750 on Ebay. I've setup the 7106 as follows - 1&2 are bridged to mono, driving left surround, 3&4 bridged to drive center, and 5&6 bridged to drive right surround. Each bridged channel is capable of 300 watts continuous, 20-20khz +0dB, - 0.25 dB at 0.005% maximum distortion, with 1.7 dB of dynamic headroom atop that, for a total of 900 watts. My 2205 is for 2 channel, or left and right front for 5 channel operation. That's "only" 200 watts per channel. Total system wattage - 1300 watts.

Here's the way my system looks now

post-14106-13819329584942_thumb.jpg