I this an upgrade? Is it worth it?

tommyboy

Is the SVS PC 25-31 an upgrade over my RW 10? I'm thinking about getting one, but to do so, I would have to sell my RW10. I love it, and it's been a great sub for me, but due to my small house, there's not room for two subs. Is it an upgrade, and is it worth getting rid of my RW10? Thanks in advance.

P.S.

I already called them and they said they will ship it to me in England! Woo Hoo!!!

My wife blew my mind this morning. We woke up, and she says" why don't you just make room for both subs in the living room". I thought she might be drunk or something! Anyway, we did a little rearranging, and made room for both subs. I ordered the SVS this morning. Hopefully it doesn''t take too long to get here!!!

I'd be very surprised if you could calibrate those two subs in the same room where they would sound right. To level match the SVS to the RW10 would require either 1) cutting the output WAY down on the SVS and virtually eliminating 80% of it's potential 2) running the gain up on the Klipsch to the point of bottoming or distorting trying to keep up with the SVS or 3) putting the Klipsch sub much much closer to the listening position than the SVS. Even if you could somehow level match and adjust the phase to eliminate cancellation, the Klipsch just can't dig as low as the SVS period. That being said, all rooms are different and your mileage may vary. Play around with them and see what you think. BTW, the wife sounds like a keeper[Y]

I'd be very surprised if you could calibrate those two subs in the same room where they would sound right. To level match the SVS to the RW10 would require either 1) cutting the output WAY down on the SVS and virtually eliminating 80% of it's potential 2) running the gain up on the Klipsch to the point of bottoming or distorting trying to keep up with the SVS or 3) putting the Klipsch sub much much closer to the listening position than the SVS. Even if you could somehow level match and adjust the phase to eliminate cancellation, the Klipsch just can't dig as low as the SVS period. That being said, all rooms are different and your mileage may vary. Play around with them and see what you think. BTW, the wife sounds like a keeper[Y]

I actually put the order on hold for now. I placed the order on Friday. they're closed on sat and sun, so I called them up on Monday. The guy said that shipping to here would be AT LEAST 130 bucks. And it could take up to 10 weeks to get here. I can't justify paying that much money to have something shipped, and it take that long to get to me. I'm still debating if that sub is worth almost $700. I'm "shopping" around right now. But we did clear up a lot of space in our living room. I've had my RW10 sitting on a piece of ply wood for a while, but this past weekend, I put 2" feet under the existing feet, and it made the sub sound A LOT better.

I actually put the order on hold for now. I placed the order on Friday. they're closed on sat and sun, so I called them up on Monday. The guy said that shipping to here would be AT LEAST 130 bucks. And it could take up to 10 weeks to get here. I can't justify paying that much money to have something shipped, and it take that long to get to me. I'm still debating if that sub is worth almost $700. I'm "shopping" around right now. But we did clear up a lot of space in our living room. I've had my RW10 sitting on a piece of ply wood for a while, but this past weekend, I put 2" feet under the existing feet, and it made the sub sound A LOT better.

I meant to say I'm still debating if the sub is worth almost $800 for the SVS.

According to the SVS website, there is an SVS dealer in England. Why would you want to ship one from the US, or am I missing something? Here's a copy and paste from their website.

Servicing all SVS products for England and the entire UK is a tough task but the staff here can handle it.

Call 08707 740730 or e-mail sales@kenthomecinema.co.uk for expert advice, or better yet, visit their stylish web site soon for to see what's new: http://www.subsonicsounds.co.uk/ . If they don't have it, you don't need it! You can even stop by their retail location for a first hand SVS experience.

According to the SVS website, there is an SVS dealer in England. Why would you want to ship one from the US, or am I missing something? Here's a copy and paste from their website.

Servicing all SVS products for England and the entire UK is a tough task but the staff here can handle it.

Call 08707 740730 or e-mail sales@kenthomecinema.co.uk for expert advice, or better yet, visit their stylish web site soon for to see what's new: http://www.subsonicsounds.co.uk/ . If they don't have it, you don't need it! You can even stop by their retail location for a first hand SVS experience.

There is a dealer over here somewhere. but it'll probably be a 240V amp, and I think I'd have to pay in pounds. It's 2 pounds to the dollar right now, so.... and they only sell a limited variety of subs. No cyliners. On the website anyway. From what I saw.