Earth Station - legit?

phishken

Hi friends,

very cool site :D just ran into this forum after buying a pair of SF-1s. The last 5 years the only speakers in my house were an Altec Lansing computer set. Life is good and these Klipsch are rocking me very well.

Looking to add the SC-1 into the setup this week. EarthStations.com has an excellent price on this speaker. The company shows up on Klipsch Dealer List, but its says Parts Acct under the company name. Has anyone done business with them? Anything I should know?

thanks tons,

~phishken~

Best bet is to call 1-800-KLIPSCH to find out if they are authorized dealers. Online dealers are not always "authorized", some online dealers who are not authorized will do the warranty work themselves - you send the speaker back to the online dealer for service, but not to any Klipsch service location. If the online dealer is truly "authorized", you can take it back to any Klipsch authorized service dealer to get the warranty work done.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

yea the onliners may make it appear that they fix 'em but very rare they do. even most if not all auth klipsch dealers send in units or parts to the factory for repair or replacement.

what the unauthorized onliners do is, because they bot from an authorized dealer in most cases, is return it themselves to the auth dealer then they to the factory.

part of the reason it takes longer to fix. this is how they say u have a warranty, but actually u don't. they

do. if they go under you could be SOL.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

• 2 weeks later...

fwiw, I bought a pair of rs-3's and an rc-3 from them and (Chris, I believe her name was) was great. Very friendly, double boxed and arrived on time.

While I'm on the subject ... I'm probably going to be moving up to the rs-7's in the next month or so and will be looking to sell the 3's if anyone thinks they'll be looking in that timeframe.