Not Bad For A Rainy Night in Carolina

Tarheel

The wife retires to the bedroom with her laptop. Quitely I close the pocket doors to the music room. I push the power switch to warm up the tubes and take Art Blakey's " A Night In Tunisia" from the sleeve. A few turns on the Nitty Gritty and a pause to pour another two fingers of Dalmore. Earlier I fine tuned the tonearm with my Shure tracking force gauge to the recommended 2.2 grams for the Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge. I still marvel at the magic from my new toy....an HK receiver from 1962. I know I still have to reconnect the Quicksilver gear this weekend but for now...just a little music. Both sides have played now. Next is "Another Side of Bob Dylan" and a fresh up on the Dalmore. Played selection 4 "Ballad in Plain D" twice...its such a nice piece of writing. Thinking I should retube the preamp as I put on Neil Young's "Prairie Wind". Wondering about Spongeworthy's 3 channel system and Oldbucksters new Scott as I pause to answer the phone....Bluesboy with ticket information about a jazz concert at UNCW..."we can smuggle airline bottle in our socks" and news that he bought another vintage amp...A Sherwood 500. Plans are made as I clean the final lp for the night Miles Davis "Friday Night at The Blackhawk". My mind wanders thinking about the least amount of money I could spend and put together a killer system based on 60s tube gear and Bluesboy's hybrids. Turning the lp I make a note to call Mike Sanders and order tubes. The glass is dry and the record is halfway done so maybe just 1 finger this time. A fleeting thought about forum members I haven't chatted with in awhile....The Dukester and WPM. Hope all is well. The rain has stoped and its time for me to stop....all in all..not a bad day.

Well, waiting for the Basketball to begin again, have been playing with the Scott. Last week in Music Bliss with it, lots of music through my ears for week one, and then week two..............hooked up my sub woofer to the Scott.............Oh My, this is the best sounding stereo this oldbuckster has ever owned, the Sub is iceing on the cake, hard to believe I'm using Heresy's, Rock Solid bottom end........will be posting a write-up about it soon, just tickled pink............Rock and Roll is Alive in the North Country of New York...................

Not a bad night indeed & your beloved 'heels are still alive.

JT....I actually inherited the Tarheels when I got married some twenty years ago. Julia is a big fan and not a good loser...she gets really mad when they play bad. She wonders about Billy Packer's change in attitude....he actually has said some good things about Carolina.

Hey Buckster...yes this weekend should be fun[:D] Glad you have found R&R nirvana with the Scott and sub. What do you think of Bluesboy's proclamation on "Right This Minute" thread that "Exile On Main Street" is the best R&R album ever? Lets get some opinons going here.

Now its off to work.

Chuck

I am a BIG Rolling Stones Fan, "the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World" type fan...............As much as I like Exile, Sticky Fingers is my Stones Favorite, although, it's not fair to pick just one album, they did many good ones, Anything from the Mick Taylor era is fine by me........I won't argue Bluesboy's pick, it's a good one...................the Best R+R album ever..........It's hard to pick just one..............

Thought about it, .....Bluesboy is RIGHT....EXILE ON MAIN STREET..."got to scrape the sh!t right off my shoes"..EH!!!!!!!