HELP! RC-7 not working

Vladi

I received my RC-7 that I bought off eBay, plugged it in, but the woofers do not emit any sound. Only the tweeter is working. I checked and re-checked my connections, plugged back the RC-3 to verify cabling, and it works, but the RC-7 woofers do not.

This was unexpected, the ebay seller had positive feedback. The shipping box was not damaged, and the speaker arrived in excellent condition, cosmetical that is.

What should I do?

There should be 2 pair of posts on the back. 1 marked HF (where you're most likely hooked to) and 1 marked LF. Normally there are straps that hook the HF and LF posts together. They are used if you only run 1 pair of wires to the speaker The person you bought them from may have bi-amped (or bi-wired) them and took the straps off.

Have you checked inside to insure all internal wires are connected? Sometimes they can come loose during transit.

That was it! I opened the speaker, and WTH? All black colored wires were disconnected! So I re-connected all cables, tightening all posts.

What a relief - the speaker is working fine. Now I need to sell my RC-3 II.