Jazz Fest, April , May

dtel

• Moderators

The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is only a few weeks away!

I have never been, but looking at the talent that is going to be there, this may be my first year !

This festival has been going on since 1970 and has grown every year.

Take a look at some of the musicians who will be there this year it's unbelievable !

http://www.nojazzfest.com/

Great Daily line-ups.........really great talent.....but, now my personal choices, if I could only choose 2 dates..........April 29th with Jerry Lee Lewis and the Killer Band......is a MUST see.............I simply must see him before he retires, yeah right, or dies.......Such a special entertainer, a Rock Legend, in my opinion, a founding father of what is called Rock and Roll....................Date 2.......May 4.......if you have never seen ZZ TOP live, it is also a must see.............Vinyl or CD's does NO justice to these Guys..........The Biggest Little Band from Texas is much better suited to a Live performance, Billy Gibbons gets no respect...the man can play..........Any day's show would be great, but these would be my special ones...........Go Dtel, take your wife and GO.............you could use it, it will snap you back in shape...................JERRY LEE LEWIS.........72 years young......GO GO GO........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Van Morrision, Steely Dan, ZZ Top, George Thorogood & The Distroyers are just some that stuck out, there are so many. Never thought about Jerry Lee Lewis, that should be a good show . The prices are cheap $ 35, for the day !