Picky's Home Theater Demo DVD list

picky

redtop: Nice job, man! I enjoyed watching all of the animations. Some of them are as funny as heck! Thanks for being so genereous and sharing them with us! -Glenn

You're welcome Picky. Glad you enjoyed them. I've gotten so much help on this board over the years. It feels good to give something back.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. NIN beside you in time hd dvd (true hd audio track) best sound I have heard yet on any format!

2. Batman begins (true hd soundtrack) the chase scene

shepjk01: What sort of format is the 'Batman Begins' True HD Soundtrack released in? Is it an audio-only format that resides on top of HD DVD?? Unless I'm mistaken, I'm aware that True HD DVD Video is coming out in 2007 but I didn't think it was going to be released until the 2nd half of the year (June-ish). Is your True HD Sountrack related to that format? If so: When did Tru HD become available? Which player to you own? -Glenn

The batman begins is the hd dvd and one of the audio tracks is dolby true hd. I have a toshiba hd-a1 and i use the multichannel analog outputs into my onkyo 804, thus the player decodes the audio and sends it to my onkyo in its uncompressed format. There are also a few other warner titles on hd dvd that contain dolby true hd soundtracks. I also have a ps3 for bluray connected via hdmi and it sends uncompressed pcm to the onkyo. There are currently no receivers or preamps that decode any of the lossless formats the decoding has to be done in the player and sent out either analog multichannel outputs or through hdmi via uncompress pcm.

For those of you still interested in SACD and DVD-A formats like I am:

I have this DVD-A and it contains both the Studio-Version of songs and Acoustic-version of songs all in 5.1. I find the sound quality from this collection, especially the acoustic versions, to be astounding! I've always been a Seal fan, but this disc really does the man's vocals justice!

I also recommend his concert on DVD: 'Seal: Live in Paris' - excellent!

post-10177-13819329801812_thumb.jpg