Sansui AU-X301 Int. Amp.

tom b. 57

Does anyone know anything about this amp. I have tried to do a little research on this and all I have been able to come up with is man. 1989-91, msrp $450.00, and 200 watts rms. I can pick one up for $60.00 or less and am curious if it is worth even considering. Hopefully someone out there has some info.- knowledge about this thing.

Tom

The AU-X301 was made in 1987; Most were sold in 87 and some in 1988. Serial number should be in the "50710????" range. The "07" indicates 87, the 10 indicates October, and the other numbers are the serial production sequence.

Other stuff. It was one of the final follow on's to the X series, but after the AU-D's and the very "fragile" AU-G's. Problems are not so much with reliability or engineering, it was due to the unrealistically cheap, thin chassi frames and the extensive use of plastics. If you purchase it, make sure the seller packs it with at least 4" of bubble wrap all way round to prevent the flexing and torsional stresses that produce the PCB cracks....

It's well worth $60... If you obtain it, and it does not work ok, you can PM for the list of the really, really good Sansui techs that will fix it and won't charge you an arm, leg or firstborn....

Hope that helps.