What is the Synergy Series about?

InVeNtOr

i was just curious the reason klipsch made the Synergy Series? that is the series i own, i love them, i just don't know the purpose they were made. was if more for music listening? better ht experience? i really have no idea. i just know they only made them for 2 years (at least the ones i own).

if someone could help me fill in the blanks, i would appreciate it.

From what I have heard is they were trying to capture a piece of the market they were missing out on. Not many people are willing to spend $6000 to have surround sound. They are rather selective on who is a dealer and not. So, in order for their heritage and reference dealers not to flip out about the fact Best Buy was now selling klipsch...I believe Synergy was the answer. It's still one heck of a good speaker, but it's in the same price line of Bose and some others. Almost all high end receiver manufacturers do the same. They sell a similiar if not identical product to BB and CC with a different model number so AV stores can say there's is a more expensive line. Also you will never see Denons flagship reciever on a shelf at BB. Don't misunderstand me, Reference and Heritage are definitly different than Synergy, but same way of thinking. I am not sure the difference between the F3 and rf-82, I believe its the horn and woofers. This is just what I have heard. I know Klipsch has gained a lot of new dedicated customers from selling the synergy line at BB. I am one of them. Had they not had Klipsch at BB when I went shopping for speakers I might have Bose in my living room![:o]

............. I am not sure the difference between the F3 and rf-82, I believe its the horn and woofers. This is just what I have heard. I know Klipsch has gained a lot of new dedicated customers from selling the synergy line at BB. I am one of them. Had they not had Klipsch at BB when I went shopping for speakers I might have Bose in my living room![:o]

It is the horn and woofers, the F-3 have alu and the RF-82 Titanium for HF, and the RF-82 has cerametalic woofer. The sensitivity is only 1 db between the 2 of them though, just about all other paramaters are the same. The RF-82 are also built "sturdier" than the F-3 and the F-3 are made in China thus at a much lower price, this however does not mean it is a "cheap" speaker. I got into Klipsch for the same reason, good quality and a good price.

Unfortunantly I cannot blame Klipsch. If you want to compete you have to eventually. We The People have allowed this to happen with fair trade and nafta. I will not get into it, but we have allowed it so we are just as much to blame. Klipsch still has hope which is more than I can say for most companies. I am a nationalist and the whole china thing makes me want to cry in my innermost being.

Luckily I decided to research Klipsch online and came across this forum and was given the advice to check out the reference line. I made the upgrade for the same price as the f-3 line after some negotiating at the AV store. I told them they can have my money or BB. I went back to BB and let them know and they were willing to knock off almost $500 on the f-3 line, but I wasnt going to pass up an opp. to step into the reference line.

I know Klipsch has gained a lot of new dedicated customers from selling the synergy line at BB. I am one of them. Had they not had Klipsch at BB when I went shopping for speakers I might have Bose in my living room![:o]

That is so true. I walked into BB one day to purchase a Yamaha 5.1 set, and the salesman, in a savvy kinda way directed me to the Klipsch aisle. No clue who they were, didnt care till I had reluctantly bought them, set them up and watched a movie. Now I have Rf-7's :) Like you Detriot, I just about bought Bose that day too.

so basically they were a "cheaper" version of the reference so they can compete? i don't recall BB selling these speakers at the time, i know for a fact there was only 1 place to get them in arkasas when i bought them and it was a HT store.

i just checked the sticker and they were made in Arkansas. i didn't even know the BB klipsch speakers were even made in china. i might have to go in there to see that.

I started buying my synergy's online (onecall.com), and just recently realized that BB sells Klipsch. (Been overseas for about 2 years now.) So I have no idea why Klipsch started to sell them. Some of you guys said that it was to sell at BB, and give people something better than bose at the same price range, but didn't Klipsch make snyergy's LONG before putting them in BB? I have an all synergy rig (see sig), for now. the wife and I do definitely plan on upgrading to the Reference line some day though. She made me a deal. i can buy Ref's as long as I have the $$$$$$ to do it with. (cash, no charging) Without draining our savings dry. She says if we're going to charge anything It's gonna be on something more important than speakers. Right now I have about 1600 bucks saved up solely for this purpose. I could have had much more, but along the way, bought a new receiver, and now a Marantz cd player. I kinda figure why not since it's gonna be a little time before I even get access to the Ref's being over here. It's pretty much impossible to get them over here, and still have a warranty. [:'(] I guess by that time I will have a lot better components behind the speakers though.

• Moderators

The Synergy line has been around for at least 10 years, but sold in Best Buy starting in 2003 (the newest Synergy III line launched in Fall 04). You can find our press release here.

The manufacturing plant in Hope, Arkansas is still very much active.

The Synergy line has been around for at least 10 years, but sold in Best Buy starting in 2003 (the newest Synergy III line launched in Fall 04). You can find our press release here.

The manufacturing plant in Hope, Arkansas is still very much active.

Which, if any of the Reference line is still made in Hope?

• Moderators

No problem [:)] The folks in Hope are truly craftsman with what they do with the wood product. If anyone gets the chance to visit the plant there, do it!

And just a comment on the topic at hand...I've noticed the Synergy products sometimes get a bad rap here and on other speakers forums, largely from people who haven't heard them. Take a mintue to listen to them at Best Buy next time you are there (if they are on display correctly, of course!). I think they are incredible in their price point --and even compared to other brands in a higher price point.

You can trust me...if I thought they were sub-quality, I wouldn't bother speaking up at all! [:)]

My KSF-10.5's (FL & FR) are tagged "Inspected by" & "Tested by" with signoffs by Klipsch, Hope Arkansas. The same for my KSF-S5's (LR & RR). Circa 1998. These units have exceeded all of my expectations while taking a SMALL footprint and obeying Paul W. Klipsch's "Ten Cardinal Rules" for Loudspeaker Design & Placement. What a comfort to have a real product made my real people -- in Hope, Ark.

Hope this helps.

thats what my speakers say on them. i can still see the signatures on them. i was just curious why the line up came and went so quick. at least the models i have. i am not looking to upgrade anytime soon. i defently want to get the dedicated ht room built with all the new electronics and see how they really are.

It's easy to knock Chinese manufacturing but when it comes to speakers, they don't deserve it. These days, China is manufacturing some of the world's best drivers, cabinets and other speaker components on state of the art machinery. There is no guarantee that something made in China will be good or bad, it all depends on what the design specifies and what QC inspects.

A fact of life today is that manufactuing must go where prices are competitive or products will not be viable in the marketplace. What impact would there be to sales if our prices were ~25% higher? That would happen if we built all our product in the US. Sad but true.

So, you decide. You want good product at good prices or good product at higher prices? For most people that one is a no brainer.

We do not make any attempt to hide the fact that much of our product is made in China because we are pleased with the quality and happy to offer it to the public. We tightly control quality and are meticulous in designing our speakers whether Synergy or Reference.