Forte I Distance from Wall

Reid

To all of the happy Forte owners. What have you found to be the ideal space from the back of the speaker to the wall. For me I have 4 inches on one edge and 4.5 on the other so the speaker is toed in just slightly. They are spaced 10 feet apart, no corners since I have a hall way on both sides of this wall. Not ideal but we must work with what we have. They sound great with new K-Stacks, thanks Chris, but in their current location do need a little help from a subwoofer.

I have owned my Fortes for over 18 years, started with 2-channel music listening, and they now perform double-duty as the mains in my HT setup; I've experimented with positioning, and found that I prefer the "as close to the wall as possible", to get the full effect of the rear passive radiators. In my case, the inner back corners are about an inch to an inch and a half from the wall, and the outer corners are about four inches from the wall. This provides the "looking down the throat of the horns" that Klipsch recommended at that time.

(I have tried pulling them forward, as many report improved imaging; it had roughly the opposite effect with my setup).

When I ran my Forte 1s as mains in 2 ch, I had them about 14" from the walls and they kicked butt! Now that they are the mains in my HT, they sit about 8" from the wall and are slightly toed in but there is a sub in the system to augment whaever they are lacking. I have them crossed over at 70 and the sound is great.