96mhz?

cguerrer

Actually the fantastic film Chronos uses 96mhz audio and my Outlaw recognizes it fine. When I first played it I saw the "96" in the display and double-checked the case to see what that was all about. Chronos is a journey through visuals from like 50 or so different locals all over the world. Just visuals and a fantastic score by Michael Stearns. One for film lovers only. In the style of Baraka & Koyaanisqatsi. You should be able to get it for like $10.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

• 1 month later...

Someone jump all over me if I'm wrong here (but not too hardSmile.gif I read somewhere that the film/music industries weren't going to put out material over 20/96. My DVD-Audio player is capable of 24/192 but we'll never see it...copyright issues - money. My Fleetwood Mac: Rumours (DVD-Audio) has a 96kHz audio option. And sounds great!

------------------

A/V AMP: Yamaha DSP-A1

TV: 29" Sony Trinitron

DVD: Toshiba SD9200

CDP: Denon DCM-370

MAIN: Klipsch Heresey II

CTR: Klipsch KSF-C5

REAR: Infinity SM-65

(crap)

SUB: Infinity BU-1 (crap)

i finally found the right section Biggrin.gif

rob, i think there are 192k(sample rate)/24 bit disks out there, but they have to be in like a dvd-audio(MLP) or sacd format to get that much info on a disk, & of course your player has to have 192/24 dacs.

what i'm looking for are music cd pcm or dvd that are coded in 96/24 AND can be played using a regular dvdp (sony dvp650C) w/ a digital connection. like synth mentioned above (thanks synth!).

------------------

My Home Systems Page

thanks keith. yea that eagles - hotel CA there is one that has 192k/24 for dvd-audio. heard it's great.

i think dts is the only co that puts out higher res (96/24) cd or dvd disks out for use on a normal dvdp/dig connection. but their site is kinda suck for info on that (though i prob haven't looked in the right place). cwm14.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 01-21-2002 at 10:49 PM