New sub on the way. Thoughts?

fanbrain

I work for a custom installation company and are offered employee discounts for brands we carry. Niles announced their StageFront line of speakers and I ordered their StageFront subwoofer. Have a look at the specs and tell me what you think. It will be used for movies 95% of the time in a 3500is cubic foot room. Here's a picture and link:

http://www.nilesaudio.com/product.php?prodID=Pro15SW&recordID=Professional%20Cabinet,%20Home%20Theater%20Loudspeakers&categoryID=StageFront&catcdID=13&prdcdID=FG01138

Considering it retails for $1800 and I paid $500, I'm pretty excited. I've been allocated one from the first batch. Handbuilt too. Let me know what you think!

post-21159-13819329841628_thumb.jpg

If the spec is true,then the subwoofer should be solid down to 25Hz in room and start dropping fast below.With ported subs this indicates the proximity of the tuning frequency.

Do not expect much deeper than 25Hz,but down to 25Hz it should be plenty capable.

Frzninvt, the FSR is taking care of all the bass in my 2 channel setup (well, from about 80 Hz down). I love it. It's doing great. It's mated to a pair of Paradigm Studio 20 v.4's and a Jolida 302b tube integrated. A very punchy trio. I listen to organ music all the time and even in this huge room, it still shakes the couch and it's only at level 2.5! I can't wait for this Niles to arrive so I can watch movies again.