5 RB 61's?

EM3

Ok I have the upgrade itch. I have never heard Klipsch speakers but they seem to get a lot of respect on forums. I want to listen to the RB 61's but I can not find a dealer in my area (Zip Code 25601). Anyway the nearest dealer is about an hour and a half away but doesn't have the RB or RF in his store.

Opps here are my questions/

1) Would it be a good idea to use the RB 61's as surrounds and center channel? That means I would have to place the RB 61 on it's side as a center channel. Would this mess up the sound by placing it on it's side? On another forum they said it would.

2) Would these be overkill as surround sound speakers? If these were used as Surround speakers would they sound more "detailed"?

In a surround sound setup ideally you want the speakers to all blend with each other as perfectly as possible. In most surround setups, compromises are made in that area due to several reasons. The ideal setup would be to have 5 or 7 or however many speakers you need to be identical to each other.

That being said, you would have a very nice setup if you went with 5 RB-61 speakers. The horns on Klipsch speakers definitely give more detailed sound and certainly are a more efficient design so that allows your amplifier/receiver to not have to push as many watts through them to get them very loud.

If you're worried about the center channel, the RC-52 or 62 might be a good choice if you have space limitations and have to lay an RB-61 on its side.