RF-82's With RC-52

tshow4437

I was just wondering how the RF82's would sound with a RC-52 center.I just purchased the 82's and already have the RC-52 center.I was just wondering if they were compatable or if I needed to upgrade to the RC-62 center. I'm using RS-42's for my rears.Thanks for your input,I really appreciate all the advice I can get.

TS,

The "Recommended center" is the RC 62. However, try the 52 out and see if you're hearing the center ok..............worse comes to worse, sell it on Ebay and get the RC 62. Also if this is a recent purchase of the 52, see if the dealers will swap out for the price difference.......Let us know.

I have the RF82s along with the RC62 center.  For some reason Magnolla sels the RF62s and the RF82s, but ont the RC62.  They only sell the RC52.  When I was doing my investigation, Klipsch describes the horn on the RC52 with different verbiage than that for the RC62.  My assumption is that they are not a sonic match for the RF62 or RF82.  I have nothing to base this on however, just Klipsch's recommendations.  

Lou 

I have the RF-82's with the RC-52 center and I think it sounds great. Then again I am not a hardcore audio junkie who could hear flaws in the setup like some others. I did the 52 because I did not have room for the 62 on my 3 shelve rack. The 62 was just too wide to fit with all the other components. If you have the room and the $, then I guess go bigger. Either way it is a great setup.

Thanks for your advice.I may give it some time and see how it sounds. I don't really know if I have a good enough ear to hear the difference.It's my theater room so I play mostly movies,not much music. I noticed you're in Terre Haute.I'm. from down around Evansville. Went Uof E and played football. Thanks again for your help.