FS: Klipsch Reference RSW-12

boston_klipsch

Ah! I am getting annoyed with local pick-ups for subs. I don't

understand why it's such a big deal to ship them. I'm not trying to

flame you or anything, I'm just generalizing. It seems like every

RSW-12 or RSW-15 that I find is for local pick-up. I understand that

58 lbs., or worse 85 lbs. can be difficult to move, but what if the buyer provided

generous compensation? [;)]

I can ship the Sub to you with problem ....But i no longer have the original packaging and afraid that it may get damaged...

If you still want to buy .... I can bring it to UPS .or FedEX or whatever your carrier that you'd preffered

And have them box it up for you or i can box it up for you but i'm not garrantee that it will not get damage

let me know

I just shipped out the Marantz MM9000 5 channels amp to a guy in Michigan

that amp weighted in @ 45lb and after box and bubble wrap and foam it was over 50 lb

and the shipping to Michigan with $600.00 insured was just under $50.00

But with this Sub the box will be alot bigger than the amp... So shipping may be a little higher

Please remember that Klipsch original packaging is designed for quantity purchased to dealers, normally strapped to pallets. Our packaging is sturdy, but cannot guarantee protection against shippers when each unit is handled individually, particularly when units are heavy and bulky, increasing the incidence of 'drops'.

Personally I suggest double boxing with 2" building foam between layers.

Or better yet, insist on pickup.

Michael

I agree w/Michael on the double-boxing, although the fellas at UPS have at times been known to get the better of BOTH boxes. FWIW, I just received an amp (and a processor) that was packaged by a UPSstore in Chicago. They used some really heavy duty bubble wrap (seems like an oxymoron) that did an exceptional job. I spoke with the guy who packaged it and he mentioned that they use the bubble wrap for shipping engine blocks, among other things. You can stand on the stuff-it's really strong. You may want to consider using something like that for the first layer of insullation and using something a bit smaller for the second layer, in the second box.

-David