HarryO's amps

colterphoto1

Harry, I just lightened it up a bit so you could see detail, then shrank it to 7" long side (you already had the correct 72 per inch), saved as JPG and uploaded the normal way. Nothing wrong with those files that I can see.

Shrinking them down takes less time to upload if you're on dial up.

Power trannies are attached via 6' cord for more seperation. Typical McAlister. My ML-33 pre is the same way. The power supply is seperate from the phono and headphone amp preamp sections Power supplies are isolated for cleaner signal. I just sent the Power supply back to Peter McAlister for upgrade and new style casing.

HarryO

Hey Colter - You have a Mac I think...  I'm curious as to how you're going about re-sizing.  I used to use Irfanview for quickie tweeking, but it's the one thing I can't use with my mac anymore.  (that and stupid UPS worldship)

Meagain,

If you are using iPhoto on the Mac, just export the picture out of iPhoto to your desktop first.  When you export it you can select file format, and size and name the picture.  Just takes seconds.  I usually use a width of 640 for stuff I intend to post.  iPhoto will scale the height to match if you enter the width.

Bob 

When I take a pic, it doesn't end up in iPhoto. Actually, I never really learned about iPhoto and all my pics in it are in a million 'rolls'. I never wrapped my head around it and what experience I have with it, I don't like (due to ignorance I'm sure). So I click on an iphoto pic, go up to file, export, resize in that box, save to desktop. The come here, browse for it under 'desktop' and dump here. Is that about right? I have to sit down and learn iPhoto - big time.

Colter - when will you get this amp again?

That sounds about right.  I just go directly from my camera into iPhoto.  Of course you can also import into iPhoto, or just drag pics to iPhoto and drop them.  You can of course crop, rotate and do some of the other basic editing stuff in iPhoto.

Bob