ksw-12 "auto on" feature

b-man1

i am running the following system:

denon 2808

sf-2 fronts

sc-1 center

ksw-12 sub

edit: the sub is connected to the sub out on the denon w/ a sub monster cable. the x-over on the receiver is set to 80Hz, the sub x-over is at max (120 or higher...whatever it is).

i have the sub set to "auto"...but have noticed that it will not turn itself on unless i turn the volume up significantly on the receiver. if i play a CD with alot of bass it won't kick in until at least (-40dB) or louder...which is very annoying. could this be a defective unit? it plays fine once it kicks-in...but i don't want to have to leave it "On" all the time. Frown.gif

once it's on it will play excellent bass at low volumes (-50...-60...-70dB), but the Auto-on feature seems to be erratic.

thoughts?

This message has been edited by b-man1 on 12-13-2001 at 07:51 PM

I was having a similar problem with the auto on on my KSW-12, but it seems to have straightened itself out. When I asked my dealer about it, they said I could bring it back in if I wanted, but that they recommend just leaving it on all of the time. They said that is what they do with all of their subs in the shop so there is no delay when a bass signal is detected, and it doesn't hurt anything. It uses very little electricity when not actually playing.

I think the auto on features are a little funky. My ksw15 won't ever go into standby even after hours of no signal.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

NOTHING-Thanks for NOTHING UBid!(No reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes