Would this DIY center speaker kit work with Reference?

Bill H.

bill,

I can't remember what you are using for mains but i suspect you want to at least timbre match them. If you really want to build a center one of the best speakers to modify is the KLF series. I think someone recently had one for sale her. All that you would need to do is modify the motorboard for horizontal setup and Viola! A great sounding center. I have done this as others have to but mine is even more of a hybrid as I used components from 3 Klipsch lines.

in my humble opinion (which never gets me to far) I'd pass on those.

good luck though!

scooter

Scooter,

Thanks for the clear, quick response.............I will follow your advice! I haven't noticed you around as much lately..........hope life is treating you well.

p.s. Love the Hair Cut, just like mine!....................

I'd give it a big thumbs down.

It looks to me that the seller is arguing that the woofer is something that Klipsch used. But then putting in a run of the mill tweeter.

It seems to me that a decent system with a horn could be built up. But that is not the case here.

Gil

Scooter,

Thanks for the clear, quick response.............I will follow your advice! I haven't noticed you around as much lately..........hope life is treating you well.

p.s. Love the Hair Cut, just like mine!....................

Hey Bill,

I try and get one once or twice a week. Been very busy the last few months. Kinda been really involved in getting my HTPC up to where I want it which means I have been spending a fair amount of time over at the AVS forum. But when I am on here I look to see where I can help or be helped. Plus since we bought our 5th wheel I have busy getting this all setup before next month when we get to take it out for the first time. But the dang thing is almost like furnishing a new home so my wife has dragged me around almost every weekend looking for stuff for it. Actually has been kinda fun. Since our kids come home from college at the end of next month I bought some items to keep them busy on the lake.But as you know we will always fall back to the true love and that is audio, I wouldn't know what to do without it.

Take care...

Oh and the head yeah the hair had to go so much easier and my wife like it too!

scooter