Compatibility of KG-5.2's with new Reference series (Updated)

Snagglepuss

I have a pair of KG-5.2 speakers purchased in the mid '90's.  I would like to put together a surround system but am wondering about the compatibility of the old and new.  I am looking at the RC-52 for center and RS-42 for the side surrounds and then using the 5.2's for the front.  Does anyone have an opinion on how these will work together?  Thanks in advance.

I have an update.  Before I read the post below about not working well together I bid on a RC 52 center speaker on Ebay.  Ended up winning it, so I am going to have to use it.  I have a line on a pair of KG-3.2's that I can buy for the side/rear surround.  Any opinions on whether this set up will work out?  Will the RC center cause enough problems that I should not use it?  Thanks again in advance.

They will not work well together, it will be a total timbre mismatch. You need to find a KG 2.2V or 2.5V center channel, then some KG 2.2, 2.5, 3.2, 4.2, or 5.2's for the rear. They come up on eBay with regularity you will save money buying used and you will have speakers with real veneer and not cheap vinyl and plastic to boot.

You have the makings of a nice setup just find the matching speakers you need and you will be all set. Nothing currently being manufactured will match correctly.

I helped set my friend up with KG 5.5 fronts, 2.2V center, and 2.2's as

rears, and it is a killer system. If space is a real issue, 2.2/2.5 or

even 1.2/1.5's will work great for rears. Speakers from the KG x.2 and

KG x.5 lines come up fairly often on Ebay, and sometimes on

Audiogon, and are a lot of bang for the buck. Most people don't seem to

need (or care about) dedicated rear surrounds, i..e, bipolars which

disperse sound in multiple directions. You can get just about all the

rear spatial ambience you need with two regular speakers.