Anyone using Klipsch RB-61's for a small theater?

matti

I just placed and order for some without having heard this specific model but did like the sound of the line. Needed something with good efficiency for a receiver based small HT and these seemed like a decent choice along with an RC-62. Any users out there?

I am using RB-61s in my HT. My room, the room over my garage, is 12x23. I am using I have a 5.1 system using RB-61s for mains and surrounds, RC-62 center, and the RW 12d sub. I have to say that I am very impressed with the sound. I am pushing them w/ a Denon 2106 AVR that is 100 watts/ channel. I am planning on adding another pair of RB-61s to upgrade to 7.1. I think these speakers are perfect for a small/medium room. Here is a pic of my set-up. You can see more pics on my Webshots page:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cajones25_HT

img0602ij1.jpg

Tony,

It may be the angle of the pic but your RB-61s look like they're toed in a little too far. I have my KLF30/Forte II (whichever I'm in the mood for) toed so they're pointing directly at me or even just a degree or two behind me. They sound great set up like that. Its always fun to experiment with placement and see what sounds best. Its even more fun when your speakers don't weigh over 100 pounds each! [;)]

I have been experimenting w/ different placements and this one seems to work fine, I think. When I am listening to music in 2 channel stereo mode, the music sounds as if it is actually in front of me. Sometimes I have to get up to make sure the sound is not coming from my center channel. I will angle them out a little today to see if I hear a difference. Thanks for the input.

I am using RB-61s in my HT. My room, the room over my garage, is 12x23. I am using I have a 5.1 system using RB-61s for mains and surrounds, RC-62 center, and the RW 12d sub. I have to say that I am very impressed with the sound. I am pushing them w/ a Denon 2106 AVR that is 100 watts/ channel. I am planning on adding another pair of RB-61s to upgrade to 7.1. I think these speakers are perfect for a small/medium room. Here is a pic of my set-up. You can see more pics on my Webshots page:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cajones25_HT

img0602ij1.jpg

Sharp. Do you feel like the RB61's fill the room and do so in a dynamic fashion, that's what I'm hoping for. They'll be crossewd over at 80hz so I really think they'll be able to play very loudly.

These speakers definitely fill the room. They can get plenty loud, but still clear. I have them calibrated at 75 decibels when the volume on my receiver is at 00, and they are Xover'ed at 80hz. In fact when I am at home alone, I crank the volume and I can go downstairs and still hear every word loud and clear. These are definitely the best bookshelf speakers I have ever owned.