Denon AVR-2805 Question?

codyaaron2

I am running one with my RF3II's, and it does a decent job for HT. It is a major improvement over the Sony I had been using. These retailed for around $900 new. If it stays under $350, that would be a good price if it comes with the auto set-up mic. It has a sleek looking front face, much better looking than the current lineup of mid priced receivers (below 2807 model) from Denon IMO. The 2805's do not have any HDMI, Denonlink, I-pod, or satelite capabilities. Based on that, I think it is a good entry level receiver. I am running all my speakers small with a crossover of 80hz. I am constantly toying with the idea of adding separate amplification because I feel it does not do as good a job for 2 channel music.

avr-2805 will definitly hold its own against similar priced recievers. I purchased a demo unit from an authorized dealer for 300.00. The auto set-up does a good job and it excells in home theater with channel seperation. I don't have any complaints in two-channel when compared to H/K avr-525/630 or pioneer vsx-d10XX. But back to the question at hand.....If you can get the reciever with the remote and set-up mic for mid-high 2s for a good unit, or right at 3 for one in excellent condition I'd jump on it. Try doing a search on ebay "completed items" and see what they have sold for--then go from there.