Heard Lots of Klipsch HT today

ClaudeJ1

I talked a friend into buying an RF-82 system today, but with 4 towers instead of the wall rears. After hearing all the systems there, with high end Elite electronics, etc. nothing even comes close to my system in sonic impact and low distortion with my lowly Onkyo 501. Plus having twin subs with a 12" woofer, 15" woofer, 15" passive in a large ported enclosure with 400 watts of power on the subs doesn't hurt my chances either.

I head good sound but not as good a mine. It's the horns, not the watts.

I talked a friend into buying an RF-82 system today, but with 4 towers instead of the wall rears. After hearing all the systems there, with high end Elite electronics, etc. nothing even comes close to my system in sonic impact and low distortion with my lowly Onkyo 501. Plus having twin subs with a 12" woofer, 15" woofer, 15" passive in a large ported enclosure with 400 watts of power on the subs doesn't hurt my chances either.

I head good sound but not as good a mine. It's the horns, not the watts.

Oh yeah, but it sure is sweet when you got both (horns AND watts!)

EDIT - I see you are sporting some K-horns with a LaScala center - friggan sweet! Wish I had the room for that here, so RF-7s it was for me!

home-theater-setup.jpg

• Moderators

We have been very fortunate. Dtel was very careful with the purchases he made while acquiring the Forte set up. The receiver is a wedding gift from arfandbark. The Cornwall IIIs were won at the 2006 Pilgramage in Hope. We love our systems, as does everyone else that lives with us (all nine of us since Katrina).

We love to entertain and our house has always been a gathering place for holidays and special events, so lots of folks get the opporunity to share in our good fortune. The sound never ceases to amaze those who come to visit, even Colter was impressed!!! I guess that's saying alot considering he seems to have cornered the market on Klipsch!!!