We are 30+ days away from the 2007 Klipsch Pilgrimage, are you ready?

Just bring the wife with! And then she can see firsthand (without spending any money) the finer side of the audio life. If she doesn't care for it, then you've no hope thinking she'll like it when you spend some money on it...at which point I think diamonds might be your last resort.

I"m not ready- geesh we have a LOT to do to get ready for y'all. Now I really appreciate how much Trey and others put into the other Pilgrimages.

Just talked to Christy (Dtel's wife) about their travel plans, it's going to be a fun-filled weekend! Looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and making some new ones.

Hey Doc! Give me a shout about your travel schedule when you get a chance. We've got to line up some experiments here at the ranch!

M

• Moderators

blsamuel,

I have been married to dtel for 28 years....I met him at my cousin's wedding, at which dtel was a groomsman and the dj. Upon meeting him I was well aware of his "audio addictions". I have to say he has been very conservative through the years with his audio purchases. Our first experience with Klipsch was a brand new Synergy set up. After hearing that Synergy set up (I was very impressed with the sound quality) and dtel keep saying, "read this, read this, read this" (he was a member of the Forum) I realized there was something to this "Klipsch Thing". We found a pair of Forte II's, bought them, brought them home, hooked em up and gave a listen. That's all it took....I was addicted to the Klipsch sound. I don't know anywhere else you can get the quality of sound for the dollars spent.

If you can not afford new Klipsch speakers....definitely pursue the used market. Just don't jump on the first thing you see. Try to buy speakers within a few hours drive so you can "audition" them before you purchase. Let everyone on the Forum know when you are ready to buy and we can also look for you. We have driven five hours away to pick up speakers for other Forum members. Most any member here would be more than willing to help you by auditioning speakers and holding them until we can make an exchange with you. Heck, we held a pair of Industrial LaScalas in our living room for Michael for a few months and we are currently holding a pair of Forte II's for Oldtimer, which BTW are hooked up in dtel and I's bedroom until the exchange can be made. The speakers we picked up for oldtimer were in Birmingham, AL, and I have to say they look like they came off a showroom floor. Immaculate and not a scratch anywhere that we could tell.

Now, for the travel plans, we hope to arrive in Indy Wednesday evening and spend some time with IndyKlipshFan and his family before "moving" over to Colter's on Thursday. In any event, we will all have a cell phone list to contact each other and make plans for our free time.

Once again, I am really excited about seeing all of our "old friends" and meeting all of our "new friends"....some of whom we have "known" for almost three years but have never met.

BTW, we were supposed to make the "informal" trip to Hope and Katrina caused a cancellation of the plans. We did make the 2006 Pilgramage and hope to make as many as we can from now on.