Nice tube amp for those wanting to see what the fuss is about.

anarchist

Folks frequently come here and ask how to get into tubes. There are of course our usual answers but many of these people are looking to get in "cheap." This amp might do the trick for somebody and would allow you to buy American. Basically it appears to largely be stock Dynaco monoblocks which have been point to point wired and placed into a single chassis. One could leave it as is for a while and then set about beefing up the power supplies if they were adventurous and/or getting rid of the aftermarket power transformer and replacing it with Dynaco pieces. Nice layout IMO with good attention to symetry (although I like the monoblock look better since I own them).

I don't know the seller and have no affiliation with the sale.

Dyna-Kid

Edit: Dee brought up a good point which was by using the word integrated it may lead some to believe the preamp was included - I was using integrated as a reference to the two monoblocks being in one chassis. I changed the subject to make certain no one was misled.

It's a Pas 3 or possibly even a Pas 2. The Pat 4 has vertical rocker switches, Pat 5 horizontal rockers, and the Pas 2/3s have the small push across switches. I have a Pas 2 & Pas 3, and just sold my Pat 5 a month ago. On a sound observation, my Pat 5 had a very similar sound to the Pas 2 and 3. The most noticable difference was a little sharpness on the top end with the 5. Still very good sounding. Especially for SS. They're not top end by any means but a good sounding pre for the buck. The Pas-2 is shown in my avatar.

HarryO

post-24628-1381933399738_thumb.jpg

It's a Pas 3 or possibly even a Pas 2. The Pat 4 has vertical rocker switches, Pat 5 horizontal rockers, and the Pas 2/3s have the small push across switches. I have a Pas 2 & Pas 3, and just sold my Pat 5 a month ago. On a sound observation, my Pat 5 had a very similar sound to the Pas 2 and 3. The most noticable difference was a little sharpness on the top end with the 5. Still very good sounding. Especially for SS. They're not top end by any means but a good sounding pre for the buck. The Pas-2 is shown in my avatar.

HarryO

Yep, you are right. Didn't catch the rockers.

tc