Painting speakers

lieuwilla

this is a job usually left to a pro....but with a little care and time you can get a nice job. removing the drivers is up to you. remove the grill covers and mask off the flat black surface with a painters tape and cardboard(don't use the yellow tape..it leaves a residue).if you have oiled them you need to wipe them down with a deglosser or mineral spirits to remove the oil.this is a good idea anyway.let them dry..won't take long. i would not brush them..spray only.i recommend a good quality gray(color)primer.use several light coats..sanding between each coat(220 grit)use a tack rag. heavy coats tend to sag and run and take longer to dry.this will show thru to the finish.if you have a spray setup(compressor and spray gun) that would be best..but spray cans will work.i have had the best luck with KRYLON brand. for the finish..use several light coats(3 or 4)..light sanding in between coats with a 220 grit paper.use a tack rag to remove the sanding dust. continue the process until you get the desired results.

check out here... not exactly what you ware doing but close Smile.gif

http://216.37.9.58/cgi-bin/ubb/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum6&topic=000602

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150