FOR SALE OR TRADE AMC CVT-2030 TUBE AMP NEW

HarryO

Hi, I got my big amps all rebuilt, tuned up, ready to go and I'm wanting to sell my AMC EL-34 30wpc tuber. I'm going to buy a new tube preamp and would love to trade this basically new amp for a nice preamp. This is the amp we used at Colters house for the "Tube & Bube". It has right at 70 hours on it now. Absolutely flawless in every way. Like new. Original box and paperwork.

These sell for right at $1,000.00 now. They were on special price when I got it. $400 shipped to U.S. 48.

I'm looking for a quality tube preamp. Any takers or interested parties? I'll give "boot" for the right pre.

hbailey1@earthlink.net

Thanks,

HarryO

Thats a nice sounding amp...I had 2 of them. It's super quiet. amazing build quality.

I got rid of all my tube pre-amps for a song when I bought my C-2000.

It is a great sounding tube amp. Especially with the Heritage. I'm short on good tube preamps. Too many good amps. I love my McAlister PP-150 amp but I don't have a good pre for it. I've got a Dodd ELP but it's not matching up well with the McAlister. The little Pas-2 I picked up from Joshnic doesn't do bad but Still not what I'm looking for. I need a good Preamp bad. It's the only reason I'm getting rid of it.

HarryO

PhilMays,

I originally bought 2 of these new and was going to run them mono blocked. I decided to "burn them in" one at a time. After firing the first one up I was shocked at the output from it. They never got mono blocked. No need. This one sat unopened in my bedroom. Loads of super clean power to them. The sound was so sweet. Music out the wazoo. I love them. I let my buddy buy the first one to push his Altec 804E models. After hearing it he sold his Pilot 260 on Ebay and kept the AMC. He bought a second when He hooked it up to his 804s. He tried to buy this one first but I was having the power supply for the McAlister rebuilt and re-doing one of my MC275s. A couple of weeks ago I traded my Toyota van for a pair of MC75s and I've got way too many amps. Musically the AMC is a favorite here but the big high buck collectibles will have to stay for a while anyway.

I've got a couple of other AMC products and have to say they all have sounded great. They're definitely one of the best buys for the buck around in audio.

HarryO

"Aren't these the loons that solder the tubes in? "

The tubes actually last quite a while in those amps. AMC claims 5000 hrs due to their heat management system which consists of fans, heat sinks, diodes in the bias circuts, etc.

Duke,

They make a couple of versions. This one has the soldered in tubes. Another version has a socket kit installed. Another option is a factory socket kit. Another is sending it back to California for an upgrade with sockets and a few other parts. I think this option is $160 approximately. I've heard them both ways. The tubes are easily accessable and installing sockets looks to be an easy job as they are on top and sit sideways.

HarryO

Thank you Duke.

I'll give it the same reviews. Super sounding amp. Unless you hear it you can't imagine the nice deep smooth sound.

I've got a couple of deals working right now on it. Nothing solid just yet. 1 offer for less money. No thank you. I know someone is wanting to get into tubes and this is a fine amp with all the tube benefits of beautiful strong sound. Simple to use.

Harry