Anyone with RF-7 woofers?

bbman

I recently got ripped off by someone on Ebay. He sold me a pair of RF-7s listed as new that actually had three damaged woofers. He won't answer my calls or emails so I guess my only option is to repair them. Before buying new replacement woofers, I thought I would check and see if anyone had any they'd be willing to sell on here. Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to recone/rebuild these. Two of them need new voice coils and the third needs a new cone. If you have any 10" RF7 woofers please let me know. Thanks!

Brennan

Seems to be alot of that going around lately. I was browsing over the weekend and saw one seller trying to sell RF35's as NEW RF7s. Pictures taken from about 7 feet away. The big tip-off was the inverted copper drivers. At first glance it looks like they are just missing the black dust covers. I hope nobody bites on that one.

Seems to be alot of that going around lately. I was browsing over the weekend and saw one seller trying to sell RF35's as NEW RF7s. Pictures taken from about 7 feet away. The big tip-off was the inverted copper drivers. At first glance it looks like they are just missing the black dust covers. I hope nobody bites on that one.

Funny you mention that. I told the guy twice those were not RF-7, and every response I got was, " That is exactly what is says on the back of the speaker". I asked him to take a picture of the back of the speaker for me and what do you know, I never heard back from him.....

Funny you mention that. I told the guy twice those were not RF-7, and every response I got was, " That is exactly what is says on the back of the speaker". I asked him to take a picture of the back of the speaker for me and what do you know, I never heard back from him.....

Same here, but I never got a email back.

Tell us who is the seller who screwed you over

These are the speakers I am talking about. They sure don't look like RF-7's, but the light is reflecting on the dust caps, so I can't really tell. The seller still won't respond when I asked him to give me a picture of the back of the speaker. He told me in two different occasions that they are in fact RF-7's. What do you all think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-RF7-FLOORSTANDING-SPEAKERS-CHERRY_W0QQitemZ110128089135QQihZ001QQcategoryZ14993QQcmdZViewItem

Good call. Here are real RF-7's.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-7.aspx

Those are from the Reference III series. The front is all one molded piece that houses the horn and the woofers. Plus you can tell by looking at the titanium driver, the RF7's have like the wire mesh in the horn throat. I would still say these are RF35's I dont care what the seller says. Plus these have the magnetic grills, 7's never had magnetic grills, not in the States anyway.

The seller was dcandtb. I drove four hours to pick them up from him and he had them all wrapped up in bubble wrap and was in a hurry to get them in my truck. I should have known something was up. Only one of the drivers was playing so I took them out to see what the problem was and found that the voice coil leads had broken off and been resoldered. There is no resistance across the coils so I guess they must be burnt out. The guys a jerk. I call him up and he just hangs up on me.

The seller emailed me back and told me that he relisted the speakers and said " Here are the pictures of the back of the speakers like you wanted". Here is the new listing. Those can't be RF-7''s, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-RF7-FLOORSTANDING-SPEAKERS-CHERRY_W0QQitemZ110130936639QQihZ001QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem