I've been promoted to obscure!

Coytee

Heck, that's nothing. A while back I had the Klipschorns below advertised for sale on A'gon and C-List. Some guy e-mailed me back-and-forth with all these questions about the speakers, such as serial numbers, finish, drivers, crossovers, etc. Finally, after answering a few e-mails, he made his move -- sent me an e-mail about two pages long with an offer of $600 for the pair. Along with the offer was a long explanation of how my K-horns were so undesirable because of they were birch, the type of drivers, crossovers they had, that they were decorator models with no riser and plywood edges showing (which is incorrect as can be seen in the photo), etc., etc., etc. Along with the rationale why my speakers weren't worth much was proof that K-horns don't sell for much these days with links to "completed" e-Bay auctions showing his previous purchases of K-horn pairs at selling prices in the $400 and $500 range. Shoot, I must've been getting a heck of a deal at $600. He was even going to pay to have them picked up at my house and shipped to his!

This person operated even more shrewdly than the Nigerians, obviously putting a lot of work into presenting their case. Fortunately, I was able to resist the extreme tempation to take up their overly generous offer and eventually sold the speakers for the original asking price (which happened to be just a bit higher than the $600). Nigerians trying to scam innocent people out of their hard earned money is one thing, but when they try to steal another man's Klipschorns, well that's just wrong!

vn2qfm.jpg

Nigerians trying to scam innocent people out of their hard earned money is one thing, but when they try to steal another man's Klipschorns, well that's just wrong!

I say let's go find him, beat him and then force him to sit in the same room as Craig & Meagain as they discuss biasing her VRD's!

[6]