Question about amplifier power

I purchased a Sony STR-DA3000ES - 150 Watts/Channel @ 8 ohms, 7.1 Surround (Wish I would have purchased something else after further research) a while ago and wanted to buy descent speakers. Considering I am kinda new at this audiophile stuff, I was wondering if my reciever would be sufficient to push either the Klipsch F-2 or F-3 home theatre system. I read that if the reciever is under powered the speakers could possibly be damaged.

I purchased a Sony STR-DA3000ES - 150 Watts/Channel @ 8 ohms, 7.1 Surround (Wish I would have purchased something else after further research) a while ago and wanted to buy descent speakers. Considering I am kinda new at this audiophile stuff, I was wondering if my reciever would be sufficient to push either the Klipsch F-2 or F-3 home theatre system. I read that if the reciever is under powered the speakers could possibly be damaged.

I'm not sure why you would be unhappy with your SONY, but if you are, don't settle for it. Sell it and get something closer to what you really want.

Why don't you like the SONY?

That is a digitally amplified receiver. I have the 5000ES. It is a really clean sounding unit, especially with tubes.