sealed box stuffing?

banasikdrummer

I just ordered a 15" TC-1000 and should be getting it by the week's end. I've decided to make a sealed box for use in the room that I'm in now (later I'm planning on going with a sonosub), and was wondering about stuffing the inside of the box with something. I've heard that stuffing the inside can decrease the box size by 30%, which would help with the recommended 7 cubic foot enclosure. What are the best things to put within the box?

I just ordered a 15" TC-1000 and should be getting it by the week's end. I've decided to make a sealed box for use in the room that I'm in now (later I'm planning on going with a sonosub), and was wondering about stuffing the inside of the box with something. I've heard that stuffing the inside can decrease the box size by 30%, which would help with the recommended 7 cubic foot enclosure. What are the best things to put within the box?

errr it makes the subwoofer think there is a bigger enclosure usually up to 30% bigger..... http://www.diysubwoofers.org/talkshop/messages/41415.htm

So I was wondering what other alternatives there were to this stuffing that was recommended before, and I heard that I can use fiberglass. This may sound completely asinine, but what kind of fiberglass do you stuff the box with? Would fiberglass insulation work for stuffing? And if so, how full should I stuff the box?

I thought that a 15" TC in a sealed enclosure requires a 1 ft^2 box (or am I thinking of a different model?)

yes the guys are correct. The box 'lining' is a process of lining one of each of two parallel sides to reduce standing waves. Stuffing will increase the 'apparent' size of the enclosure. Think of 'stuffing' as making the air inside the enclosure denser- you want it full, but light and fluffy. Not packed in tightly.

I just
ordered a 15" TC-1000 and should be getting it by the week's end. I've
decided to make a sealed box for use in the room that I'm in now (later
I'm planning on going with a sonosub), and was wondering about stuffing
the inside of the box with something. I've heard that stuffing the
inside can decrease the box size by 30%, which would help with the
recommended 7 cubic foot enclosure. What are the best things to put
within the box?

I thought that a 15" TC in a sealed enclosure requires a 1 ft^2 box (or am I thinking of a different model?)

The
recommended for a sealed box with low extensions is 7 ft^3 and 3.9 ft^3
for a small box. Since my box is temporary and is going in a bedroom, I
was going for even smaller than 3.9, so I figured the stuffing would
help.

yes the guys are correct. The box 'lining' is a process of lining one of each of two parallel sides to reduce standing waves. Stuffing will increase the 'apparent' size of the enclosure. Think of 'stuffing' as making the air inside the enclosure denser- you want it full, but light and fluffy. Not packed in tightly.

So do I line or stuff or line and stuff? And I'm still wondering if that fiberglass insulation will work for this...