reference rip-off?

jordanf1_5

i was doing some reading and came across the paradigm refernce line of speakers. sounds like a klipsch "ref" rip off to me.

who had it first?????

has anyone ever demoed them before and are they better than the klipsch ref line?

from what i read so far they are not as sensitive and seem to cost more than the ref line but they do have pretty veneer.

cheers

Paradigm has had their reference line for quite a few years actually. I believe they started this line before Klipsch had their reference line out. IMO, the Paradigm Reference series are really nice. A friend of mine has the Studio 20's and they are very nice bookshelf speakers for the money. As for me, I enjoy the way horns reproduce music and movies but for many, Paradigm Ref. is an excellent choice.

------------------

My System So Far:

Fronts: KLF 10 (Med. Oak)

Center: KLF C7 (Med. Oak)

Surrounds: Def. Tech BP6

Sub: SW-12II (Black Ash)

Receiver: H/K AVR 25II

DVD: Panasonic DVDR31S

CD: Yamaha CDC 655

The term "Reference" has been used by a LOT of speaker manufacturers. Just a short list - Beauhorn, Sonique, Paradigm, Gruensch, Infinity, Tyler Acoustics, TEAC, Spielberg Audio, KEF and many others.

I think the earliest use of the "Reference" applied as a brand or model name, at least that I know of, would be the old Infinity Quantum Reference Standard of the mid to late 1970's. I don't know when the KEF folks first used the term "Reference" as a model line, but don't think it was before that.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Ray,

I remember the Infinity's of which you speak. I was in Germany and just bought my Infinity Column II's (1978) but remember seeing those things in the catalog. I can't remember how much they were going for but I think it was over $30K, and that was in the late 70's! Eek.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems