Rock vinyl needs a new loving home! (LPs 4 Sale)

JDB_Rocks

tell you what gary ill give you 10.00 for either copy and you wont have anything in the keeper then you simply cant feel bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have very few valuable albums (over 10.00 each) but they are in there scattered about, i buy what i listen to and dont really worry about the value so much,

gary why dont you share the wealth on the guy with the albums mfsl's and japans, man you cant come on here and advertise that you know a guy and then keep the info to yourself[;)] i would like to find a fella like that myself

Joe

I can never reveal my sources. If I did however, then YOUR audio fund would be depleted as well!

Both my copies of Some Girls are original. Both covers are nice but one of the LPs has some scratches. You can have it Joe. PM me your address.

I think $1.00 each is a fair price unless it includes the Rolling Stones "Some Girls" album with the picture of Lucy on it.

In that case add $100 to the price.

I have two of those LPs. Even on orange vinyl. They are not woth that much. Collectable, but not crazy expensive. I'll sell you one of mine for $50[;)][6]

I've got tickets to the June 16 Antiques Roadshow in Baltimore so I will be bringing what I think are my rare records. Records like:

1. Some Girls with Lucy on it (Stones)

2. Their Satanic Majesties Request with a trick flicker cover (Stones)

3. Sticky Fingers with a real working zipper on the front (Stones)

4. Love Gun with a real working paper gun that snaps (Kiss)

I passed on a copy of this one for $5 yesterday. The cover was in good shape but the vinyl was too scratched up for my taste. Is it worth anything anyway? Anyone?

Looking at ebay, some go for $40, some $75 and others that seem identical go for about $5. What makes these valuable????

Gee, when I tried to sell my 600+ record collection no one wanted that many at once, ended up getting $350. for 600+ records, many, many of them 1or 2 play albums put on tape and never played again..............Not sorry I sold them, just surprised at the market for them now.......

You know, this is a sad state of affairs.

In my earlier days, before CDs, I actually had my record albums listed in my will. That's how much I valued them.

Now I am staring at about 1,100 record albums in pristine condition and wondering if I should sell them for practically nothing or let the executor of my estate handle the chore.

What a sad state of affairs. Sad, Sad, Sad.

I want the 60s back. I want my youth back. I liked it better than the present. Oh well, why complain?

Looks like Some Girls is one of those albums (like the original Skynard "Street Survivors" with the fire on the cover) that ebay has turned into an almost worthless LP. I did a little ebay searching and if your copy has the word "Sterling" stamped into the dead wax denoting a first pressing, you might get $10 for it if it's in really nice condition.

Funny how ebay has made certain items extremely valuable and others almost worthless. Now I'm almost sorry I paid $10 for 2 original copies!

The Lucy cover is worth having as a conversation piece.

tell you what gary ill give you 10.00 for either copy and you wont have anything in the keeper then you simply cant feel bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have very few valuable albums (over 10.00 each) but they are in there scattered about, i buy what i listen to and dont really worry about the value so much,

gary why dont you share the wealth on the guy with the albums mfsl's and japans, man you cant come on here and advertise that you know a guy and then keep the info to yourself[;)] i would like to find a fella like that myself

Joe

I think it's Captian Beefheart that gary is referring to.

Joe

I can never reveal my sources. If I did however, then YOUR audio fund would be depleted as well!

Both my copies of Some Girls are original. Both covers are nice but one of the LPs has some scratches. You can have it Joe. PM me your address.

garymd you are just too nice of a person. How kind of you to surprise joessportster that way.

I passed on a copy of this one for $5 yesterday. The cover was in good shape but the vinyl was too scratched up for my taste. Is it worth anything anyway? Anyone?

I will find out on June 16 when I attend the Antiques Roadshow in Baltimore.

gary according to goldmine the differance in value is a mono copy is worth 250.00, and a stereo copy is worth 40.00 both on london, of course you also need a collector that needs your copy for any real value...............very nice of you to offer me a copy of some girls but i already have a couple myself and at least 1 is original as well

Joe

Quick update:

LPs spared from yard sale. No list but I have the box of 50 LPs. I'll look 'em over and get a list out *hopefully* next week. No computer until Monday! :[:D
Going to the Nostalgia Drag Races @ IRP this weekend.  C U L8R Bye.

mitch