Which Center for RF-82?

Petedwitt

If you were going to use a tower as a center you should stick to the RF-82 to have the perfect match. Of course placing a tower as a center could look funny unless it's behind a perforated screen.

The RC-62 is the preferred center for the RF-82. I have one and it sounds incredible.

3 towers look cool to me. I had 3 RF-7s up front for awhile. Never heard a better transition for LCR. I copied off mOON but no projector. I may actucally do that next year. My go is if you have the room and way to do it, 3 RF-82s would be great.

CD

I decided to go with the RC-64, I might buy a pair of RF-83 and use the RF-82´s as side surrounds. What kind off improvement would there be using RF-83 as fronts? (don´t mention more bass, using two PB12 Plus/2 and have crossover set at 60).

PETE

post-19576-13819334393078_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

So now I have 4 RF-82's and getting the upgrade itch, so i am planning on using the RF-82's for side and back surrounds, what do you guys recommend for my setup as mains?, RF-63's or RF-83's?.

With your speakers set to SMALL, and 2-PB12/Plus2s, 2 more RF82s should be plenty and, except for your center, you'll have all matching speakers. Add another RF82 for center duty and you'd have RF82s all the way around, which would be awesome.

Can I use the RF-62 Tower Speaker also as Center?, would they match to the RF-82?.

You can, if you do something like this:

Lou
You'd want to use the tower vertically, as it was intended. This avoids all the pitfalls of the horizontal center channel speaker, especially the horizontal MTM center channel speaker.