looking for speakers for home theatre

justrelaxing

Well got my basment ready. Its about 13x17. I have a klipsch center speaker (think its a C3) I have Klipsch Tangent 50's but that takes up too much space. Is there speakers that can go from book shelf to wall mount in about a year or so? I am being deployed, but would like to buy some speakers to set up with current tv. When I get back from Iraq, I would like to install a projector and thinking wall mount speakers would be the way to go. If anyone else has done a different set up or has ideas, I would love to hear them. Any help is useful. Will be buying a Denon 2807 at the end of the month when I get a few days at home prior to flying out. Budget would be around 1500 if that sounds reasonable. Or will I have to step into another area for a brand of speakers.

Thanks

On your budget I would consider two pairs of RB61's and a Synergy Sub12 or a RW12d. That will squeak you just under the $1500 mark. The RB81's, although very nice (I have them), would put you over budget. If you could find some Synergy B-3's they would do fine as well and are mated with the C3 normally.

I took a look at the RB-61 and RB-81...both seem sweet. Would you buy 2 pairs of them? front and rear? Or would you use them for either the front or rear and go with another size? Also, is there a big difference with the the size 10 and size 12 subs?

I am in the Army...........heading over to the sandbox in July

Your welcome for my service.....

Thanks for all your help....

I'm using bookshelves for Fronts and surrounds and am pretty happy. People say that if you use 5 identical speakers in your 5.1 set up you will get the best overall sound. If you look at Klipsch's THX Ultra 2 speaker system they use identical LCRs for the fronts and center and slightly smaller model for the rears.

Since the bookself speakers lack a little on the bass side a good sub is a must. The RW12d and Sub12 output a little more and go a little lower than their 10 inch brothers.

Hi I have recently started upgrading. I have a complete package that I would let go for right at 1500$ if you are interested. There are all brand new KEF. I have used them for about 5 months very lightly as I live in an upper duplex and can't disturb my neighbours. The front floor standers are Q5's, center is Q9C and surrounds are Q2DS dipoles all in Dark Apple and in "as new" condition from a smoke free pet free home. I have a complete set of photos if required. please feel free.These are mind blowing at any price.

Terry