RC7 vs KLFc7 ?????

johnny24c

johnny, yea you're right I wouldn't start there, but if u do u get into the same old preference debate. i think something along the lines of the C7 is more in your face whereas the rc-7 is more accurate/refined.

but the rc-7 also uses 2 eight" woofs so i'd say it's also in your face. but I wouldn't put an rc-7 w/ anything else but klipsch ref speaks. so there u go- i like 'em both but it comes down to which total speak package sounds best to uSmile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

OK..... I already have CF4's and Cornwalls that I am trying to decide between right now with a KV1 center.

I want to upgrade my center, And Today when I called KLIPSCH they said that the reference center speakers would work fine with my CF4's. So I was thinking that if that was true, It might be the best one to get in case I ever wanted to upgrade to the RF5's or RF7's later on. This is mainly because it is very difficult to get ahold of a KV4 which is the perfect center for this speaker.

Yes..... Cornwalls and Heresy's, both around 1980 models. I haven't had them long and am still experimenting whith them and the CF4's wich I got almost at the same time by some trading and stumbling across some bargins. KV1 center and IW100's for surround. I am just wanting to settle down with a system and not have to upgrade for a long time....

Thanks for the replies so far

i've never heard your epics so maybe an rc-7 would match well w/ them(?) w/ the tractrix horn it looks to would better than a C7.

if you use the corns as mains, the heresy are a good match for them whether center or surrounds. other good center choices for the corns are the academy & then the C7.

w/ all those dif speaks looks like u just need to do some rotating to see what sounds best for u & maybe filling in gaps where needed. u may find a market on here for anything that doesn't fit somewhere Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I agree with Boa. Try the Corns up front, and Heresy in the rear. You could try one of the Heresy's as a center to see how it sounds. It's not hard to find Heresy's, and with another pair, you could have a center and a rear center for 6.1.

You may have trouble finding a good center for the Epics, although I hear those a great speakers! How's the WAF? That may be an important consideration, in which you may be forced into getting a smaller, more proportioned center channel like KC7 or RC7.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Johnny,

I have a C7 that I was running with my CF-2's and I'll bet it's a better match than the RC-7. I now have Chorus II's and I's and am running those with the C7 until an Academy comes along. If I were you, I would put the Cornwalls up front, with the Heresy's as front and rear center and the CF-4's as the rear surrounds. This system will kick major a$$ and you will be the envy of your entire neighborhood. Smile.gif

It will especially rock on multi-channel CD's and DVD's...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems