Wanted: Fortes ... and questions

RobBeam

First, I'm looking for a pair of Fortes to add to the pair I have now. Preferably Forte I's in Walnut to keep them as close to what I have now but will be more flexible the longer it takes to track down a pair.

Second ... the question.

The speakers that I have are a pair of Forte I's that I bought back in college while I was working part time at a shop that sold Klisch. Don't know if you remember that you used to be able to special order any of the higher level klipsch in several exotic wood finishes. What I have is the last pair of Fortes that were ever made with the ebony veneer (looks like brown and black tiger stripes) and the inspection stickers on these were hand signed by Paul which he used to do on occasion with special orders.

Was just curious as to how unique these things actually are.

Kinda figured. The forte was always my favorite sounding speaker and we had those exotic wood samples hanging on the wall at the store so my dream had always been the forte in ebony. When we got the notice that they were discontinuing the exotic woods called the factory and they had one pair on hand with no more being built. Salesman could actually buy them under cost so the HUGE markup for the custom wood wasn't quite as painful as it could have been. Asked them if I could get Paul to sign the stickers and they didn't sound to promising since the speakers were already boxed but when they arrived saw that Paul had signed two new inspection stickers and placed them over the originals.

Khorns in ebony .... wow ... I'd be willing to drop a pretty big chunk of change just for the sheer visual impact they must make.