What to sell, What to keep, What to give away? Help me please.

Hi all,

I have been collecting much of my life. I guess it's something that some people do.

But it's not really not working for me any more. I really "must make room" as I hear so many others say.

Plus, I live in a small house (by some standards) and it has become crowded with things that I collected.

I have been buying audio stuff for a while. "I'll buy this and I can always sell it if it's not right for me" I said a lot.

But how many sets of RF-3's can I squeeze into three Audio / Video systems?

How many Heresy's, how many assorted amps, pre-amps, turntables, DVD and CD players?

Well, I have reached the limit for now, I can tell you that.[:S]

So I went to Ebay and started to sell stuff that i know I will not miss (or if i did, better to miss it.)

Cigars First I thought. I had seen others selling nice Humidors (and the contents) on Ebay, it seem I need only follow the rules.

I quit smoking a year and a half ago and the contents of the humidors were at peek levels.

So I put my Padron Millennium Humidor and it's Contents up for bid.

It would have sold easily as the bids were rolling in but Ebay decided that I did not fit into the "collectible tobac..." area and the auction was ended.

So what to do? Move on I suppose, so here I am asking for help in deciding what audio stuff to put on Ebay.

I think Amps and Pre-amps might go first. then Some RF-3's, RC-3's F1's those Heresy's and one TurnTable (or both if you think I ought to.)

Nothing I own in audio is worth a fortune, just good sounding - low end stuff.

First thing i need help in deciding about is these turntables. Both are low-end units that work well and I was trying to decide if I should auction them both off and get a better unit when I really have the room and $$ to set up a real good 2-channel system?

I have an Amp, a Pre, and the Chorus 1's for it but no TT if I sell them both.

One TT is a Dual 300 (the one I am using now.) and one is a Technics (up stairs, I'll go get the model number.)

[*-)]So, Dump them both? keep one for now? Help!

Sorry for the long post, future posts asking for help on this subject ought to be short, this held all the background.

I now have two "HT" setups, both doing second duty as 2 channel setups. If things go well in this clean out I will truly have 3 systems (and a place and reason for each.)

First floor HT (got it.)

First floor 2 Ch listening (have most components but no room YET.)

Second Floor HT (got it.)

Any ideas on the TT's?

~N

Yeah, I might have posted the same...

But do you really have an opinion on those 2 TT's? It sounds like you do, within your post... I don't know which of these 2 is better...

Oh yes, the Model #...

It's an SL-02

As for the rest - I bought CORNWALL'S!!!

Yes Michael, it is madness.

But it sounds soooooooo good.

So, First thing to go up on Ebay will be a Phase Linear Amp and Pre-Amp. Also a nice NAD receiver. Both should list tonight.

Sounds good to go right? I have not heard of anyone around here looking for NAD stuff or Phase Linnear's...

Both seem to sell cheep on Ebay.

~Noah

ps - OMG, The cigars, it was like I opened Pandora's box - The aroma - it keeps calling me - so far, resisting but - THE AROMA!